Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnakeboyy

Reaction score
so i went herping today and saw a few animals and would like an ID on every animal if you know cause i dont know any of them. :) except for the coastal. and the diy background ive done at the start. DSC00681.jpg DSC00680.jpg DSC00651.jpgDSC00684.jpgDSC00682.jpgDSC00679.jpgDSC00677.jpgDSC00676.jpgDSC00675.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00672.jpgDSC00666.jpgDSC00664.jpgDSC00656.jpgDSC00648.jpgDSC00559.jpgDSC00558.jpg

he knew that ^^ haha and a nice looking one at that

where abouts do you live , just interested in what local the coastal is , the only little ones ive found around my place are a really dark black and a really deep orange when there little , then its all sorts of colours and patterns once there bigger

I live At chandler in Brisbane yeh and lots of like 4,5,6 acre blocks I live on 4 acres

6: Striped Marsh Frog, Limnodynastes peronii
7: Whirring Tree Frog, Litoria revelata
8,9,10: Rocket Frog, Litoria latoplamata
14: Desert Tree Frog, Litoria rubella

EDIT: Spelling mistake

Frogs include:
Striped Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes peronii)
Desert Tree Frog (Litoria rubella)
Broad-palmed Frog (Litoria latopalmata)

snake is a Coastal Carpet Python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli)

There is no Whirring Tree Frog in picture 7, it's just showing the inside yellow and black marbling on the legs that the Litoria latopalmata possesses. By the way Litoria latopalmata common name is not Rocket Frog is the Broad-palmed Frog although another common name their called by is the Broad-palmed Rocket Frog because there is a frog that occurs around Brisbane called the Rocket Frog (Litoria nasuta).

Last edited:
yes mate there are the most widespread frog in australia they are found in Brisbane. Just because there common name is the Desert Tree frog and occur in a lot of desert areas throughout their range it doesn't mean the are exclusively restricted to these habitats (habitats can range from coastal to desert areas).

Frogs of Australia > Queensland > The frogs of Brisbane

Last edited:
The only one i really know is the brush turkey....cute little snake!

Frogs include:
Striped Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes peronii)
Desert Tree Frog (Litoria rubella)
Broad-palmed Frog (Litoria latopalmata)

snake is a Coastal Carpet Python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli)

There is no Whirring Tree Frog in picture 7, it's just showing the inside yellow and black marbling on the legs that the Litoria latopalmata possesses. By the way Litoria latopalmata common name is not Rocket Frog is the Broad-palmed Frog although another common name their called by is the Broad-palmed Rocket Frog because there is a frog that occurs around Brisbane called the Rocket Frog (Litoria nasuta).

It was commonly called rocket frog by a colleague in the field, and it is understandable because these frogs can really move fast and jump far! Common names, what can I say, that's why I included scientific names. I don't have my books handy, so I'll take your word for #7 being a L. latoplamata.

You have had all the other critters correctly ID’ed. I can help a little bit with the spiders....
As stated, the first two spiders are wolf spiders of the Family Lycosidae. The first looks like an Artoriopsissp. and the second aLycosasp. but not godeffroyi. The huntsman is most likely Heteropoda cervinaI, the Brown Huntsman. The remaining one is a member of the burrow spider making family and is commonly called the Spotted Black Ground Spider. It is of the genus Storena, possibly the species maculata.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back