Backyard herping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe87

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was hanging out the washing this morning when I heard a rustling in the dry leaves behind me. I thought to myself that what ever it was it didn't have legs. I turned around and look and got glimpse of a brown tail in the shade. My first thought was oh no a brown snake. I then moved to see what the head looked out and it turns out to be the most beautiful common tree snake. What I thought was brown was the most deep olive green going into a Brilliant yellow stomach. It didn't seem at all fazed by me watching it as I followed it all the way across the garden and down the slope to my neighbors yard. It's the first time I have ever seen anything other than garden skins here on the coast. I used to chase tree snakes and blue tongues all over the shop as a child in Brisbane. He seemed nice and fat with only a small scar along his back and he was missing the tip of his tail. I really hope I get to start seeing more herps around the place soon.

Hello, I'm from the coast too and I've been finding snake skins in my backyard lately, my neighbour has a big rock wall around her house and she says she gets a few snakes in her yard every year. Also I found a beautiful blue tongue basking in my backyard a couple weeks ago I'll upload a pic.
View attachment 295548
Theres lots of other wildlife on around where I live too, we have possums that visit sometimes and a tawny frogmouth comes around every couple nights and kookaburras(not sure on the spelling) too.

And all this is just a five minute drive from the broadwater :)

Attachments

• 2013-08-06 13.32.40.jpg
    2013-08-06 13.32.40.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back