Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardjasper

Reaction score
Reptiles found within your fence line! How many are out there and we just don't notice them? Post your pics and let's start counting...

A friend of mine found this big girl next to her back veranda the other day. After awhile, she captured and took her down the road to some bushland to let her go. Isn't she just gorgoues?

Nice Diamond....
I have found within my fence line itself within 10 odd years, 1 x Bluetounge, 1 x Water Skink, numerous YF Whip Snakes, 1 x large RBB Snake, heaps of Fence Skinks, Grass Skinks, Garden Skinks, and Weasel Skinks, Frogs = 1 x Crinia, 1 x L.fallax, 1 x L. peronii. That's within my fence, found heaps more within 100 meters of the fence..

Pics have been posted in previous threads, but we have had a couple of Eastern Blue Tongues, heaps of Golden (or Eastern?) Water Skinks (actually they've been busy, heaps of bubs getting around at the moment), the usual array of common garden skinks, & we've had about 10 Peron's Tree Frogs over this summer, some living in the metal pipes supporting the front gate. That's the ones I know about anyway, I'm sure there's been other herps that have gone unnoticed.

That's the ones I know about anyway, I'm sure there's been other herps that have gone unnoticed.

Exactly!
I've had all kinds of skinks, geckos, frogs (don't know their names) 2 brown snakes, 2 eastern beardies, one tree snake

I have 5 different skink species in my backyard and these are:
Wall Skinks, Common Garden Skinks, Grass Skinks, Weasel Skinks, Blue Tongued Skinks.
Would love to have some snake's around in my backyard but i live in suburbia, but i can go 5 minutes down the road and find some.
Thanks Tim.

I have owned this property for the last 18 months, and in that time I have found the following -

• Oedura tryoni
  • Oedura robusta
  • Delma plebiae
  • Lialis burtonis
  • Pogona barbata
  • Anomolopus verreauxii
  • Calyptotis scutirostrum
  • Carlia foliorum
  • Cryptoblepharus virgatus
  • Ctenotus robustus
  • Cyclodomorphus gerrardi
  • Eulamprus tenuis
  • Lampropholis delicata
  • Saiphos equalis
  • Tiliqua scincoides
  • Cryptophis nigrescens
  • Pseudechis porphyriacus
  • Pseudonaja textilis
  • Cacophis squamulosus
  • Demansia pssamophis
  • Cacophis harriettae
  • Furina diadema
  • Boiga irregularis
  • Dendrelaphis punctulata
  • Tropidonophis mairii
  • Morelia spilota
I've also kept a list of the mammals, birds and amphibians that have called my property home too. It's for sale soon if anyone is interested :)

I have owned this property for the last 18 months, and in that time I have found the following -

I've also kept a list of the mammals, birds and amphibians that have called my property home too. It's for sale soon if anyone is interested :)

Why would I want to buy a list of animals for? lol....

yes, I know you mean the property ;)

A list of the locals who share my yard
garden skinks
fence skinks
calyptotis scutirostrum
water dragons
pink tounges
Small Eulamprus of some sort
robust skinks

common tree snakes
marsh snakes
carpet snakes
white crowned snakes

eastern dwarf tree frogs
green tree frogs
striped marsh frogs

AHG's and cane toads.

In the past i have also seen - yellow faced whip snakes, blue tounges and eastern beardies.

A few pics
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

blue tongues, shingles, skinks, there was ONCE a type of monitor but this was when i was really young and had no idea about reptiles :) NEVER had a snake, dont know why, even before we had the dog we never saw them :S

Garden skinks and a few spiders... Living in the city is boring..

webcol, while my brother was living in Newcastle, he lived right near a golf course, and used to see all kinds of reptiles!

cris, well done to have gotton those photos! I couldn't get anywhere near the brown snake when it came into the yard last time, as it was striking at me then slithered (VERY fast) into the chook pen and through into the neighbours place. I went after it (to the fence line) but never saw it again. Then the neighbours blamed us for letting it into their property. Well yeah, ok, sure. I put it over your fence on purpose. After all, we don't live anywhere near where there might be tiapans and browns and jungles and other kinds of snakes. Idiots. I really don't like my neighbours. Can you tell? I also have a water dragon in my backyard, but he's um, yeah. Mine. I'd love to have wild ones here though!

And Jonno from ERD, I wouldn't have a clue what common names go with all those scientific names, but well done for having so many! I'd love a list of the birds if you could pm them to me. I also do a lot of twitching!
Keep em coming everyone!!

mums: (city) garden skinks blue tongues Many rocket frogs live in my pond dads: (country) shingle backs bearded dragons blue toungs brown snakes frogs red bellys

jonno you must have an awsome block, I would buy it if I had the money :lol: maybe you could stick a few pictures up of the habitat or some of the species. lets hope that it never gets cleared when you sell it, may I ask how many acres is it?

webcol, while my brother was living in Newcastle, he lived right near a golf course, and used to see all kinds of reptiles!

cris, well done to have gotton those photos! I couldn't get anywhere near the brown snake when it came into the yard last time, as it was striking at me then slithered (VERY fast) into the chook pen and through into the neighbours place. I went after it (to the fence line) but never saw it again. Then the neighbours blamed us for letting it into their property. Well yeah, ok, sure. I put it over your fence on purpose. After all, we don't live anywhere near where there might be tiapans and browns and jungles and other kinds of snakes. Idiots. I really don't like my neighbours. Can you tell? I also have a water dragon in my backyard, but he's um, yeah. Mine. I'd love to have wild ones here though!

And Jonno from ERD, I wouldn't have a clue what common names go with all those scientific names, but well done for having so many! I'd love a list of the birds if you could pm them to me. I also do a lot of twitching!
Keep em coming everyone!!

I live in the cbd, on an island in between 2 main roads. Surronded by car yards... I wonder if novacastrians can guess where i live?...

Having a 5000 acre fence line offers a few regardless of the fact I live in SE SA.

To name a few: Gehyra sp2n=44, Christinus marmoratus, Heteronotia binoei, Delma molleri, Ctenotus robustus, Tiliqua scincoides, Tiliqua rugosa, Ctenophorus decresii, Pogona barbata, Varanus gouldii, Pseudonaja textilis, Pseudechis porphyriacus and Parasuta spectabilis spectabilis.

Presently: Lampropholis delicata, Lampropholis guichenoti, Saiphos equalis, Tiliqua scincoides, Hemiaspis signata.

But one place I lived, oh boy, there were so many reptiles, just the snakes within 100m of the house were: Antairoserpens warro, Oxyuranus scutellatus, Morelia spilota mcdowelli, Antaresia maculosa, Aspidites melanocephalus, Dendrelaphis punctulata, and many more. It was a beachfront and I had green turtles and sea snakes within 100m of my house!

Presently: Lampropholis delicata, Lampropholis guichenoti, Saiphos equalis, Tiliqua scincoides, Hemiaspis signata.

But one place I lived, oh boy, there were so many reptiles, just the snakes within 100m of the house were: Antairoserpens warro, Oxyuranus scutellatus, Morelia spilota mcdowelli, Antaresia maculosa, Aspidites melanocephalus, Dendrelaphis punctulata, and many more. It was a beachfront and I had green turtles and sea snakes within 100m of my house!

and you moved???? :shock:

everyone with a large variety is very lucky, my goal in life is to buy a house out somewhere like brigalow belt with a huge amount of land and conserve it for reptiles, remove weeds and pests, and find as many species on it as possible. presently I live somewhere with not many herps, we have had about 5 species of snakes in the backyard and about 5 species of lizards, its not really a herpers paradise, but hey it beats living in suburbia with just a few skinks.

and you moved???? :shock:

There are costs and benefits to living anywhere :( even places where there are such awesome herps and this is the view from your driveway
10-10-2009 9;21;31 PM.jpg

This is an Antairoserpens warro I found on the front doormat!
10-10-2009 9;48;36 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back