Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanharvey1993

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering what herps people have in there backyards. if you have pics feel free to post or just say wat u have around

in my backyard i have

green tree snakes
blind snakes
small eyed snakes
eastern blue tongues
jacky dragons
garden skinks
long necked turtles

i have also seen a bandy bandy and we used to see red bellys and lace monitors

The only thing I've come across in my backyard is a shingleback, (pics on the puter at home) and a Bluey. Couldn't get picks of the bluey as he was so fast, we lost track of where he went to hide upon being spotted.

hey, i have only seen copperheads (lowland) and garden skinks.
i have lost the pics i had of the copperhead.

we get
Coasal Bearded dragons (i have two cat rescues)(ones with really dark black beards)
Garden skinks
Marbled geckos

I havn't been close enough to know what types the snakes are and
a species of moniter or goanna, but it was road kill ony my street twice so, i was unable to identify it, either time

Bango frogs and spotted grass frogs too

garden skinks
fence skinks
calyptotis scutirostrum
water dragons
pink tounges

common tree snakes
marsh snakes
carpet snakes
white crowned snakes

eastern dwarf tree frogs
green tree frogs
striped marsh frogs

AHG's and cane toads.

In the past i have also seen - yellow faced whip snakes, robust skinks, blue tounges and eastern beardies.

oh, i forgot the frogs. there are heaps.
southern brown tree frogs, banjos (i think) and probably more

Awwww....i never see any wildlife in my backyard! does anyone in Melbourne get any wild visitors in their backyard?! thats the only thing that sucks about living in the inner city area only wildlife i see are bloody minor birds ..ugh. Although my mum accidentally dug up some fugly toad once LOL

i was just wondering what herps people have in there backyards. if you have pics feel free to post or just say wat u have around

in my backyard i have

green tree snakes
blind snakes
small eyed snakes
eastern blue tongues
jacky dragons
garden skinks
long necked turtles

i have also seen a bandy bandy and we used to see red bellys and lace monitors

Were are your pics????

oh found some more:) i have some of a small eyed snake and the tree snake and some more blueys but there not on the computter cause they were taken with an old camera (not digital)

Last edited:
I have a few garden skinks , blue tongues , red belly blacks , brown snakes , the odd occasional carpet , green tree frogs , but havn't seen that many of the green tree frogs over the last 3 years . Out the back of our place is about 100 acres where we do a bit of horse riding & there are many water holes with water dragons, spotted one Echidna & off course the wallabies & kangaroos.
I will have to search the comp for pics .
Cheers Jackie

we've had blueys,garden skinks and rbbs

I've had various skinks, a couple of tristis monitors, a perente, heaps of Gilberts dragons, a couple of Stimpsons pythons, one Bredli and dozens of geckos.

In my backyard we have found...

Anomalopus verreauxii
Cryptoblepharus virgatus
Lampropholis guichenoti
Tiliqua scincoides

Directly across the road, we have found...

Pseudechis prophyriacus
Pseudonaja textilis
Dendrelaphis punctulatus
Demansia psammophis
Tropidonophis mairii
Delma plebiae
Diplodactylus vittatus
Eulamprus qouyii
Eulamprus tenuis
Pogona barbata
Physignathus lesueurii
Varanus varius

Your all so lucky. Living in suburban SA doesn't allow for many species. Our house becomes riddled with Marbled Geckos on warm nights. In the backyard as well as the frontyard we have Garden Skinks, several Bluetongues as well as one living in the tool shed and one encounter with an Eastern Brown Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back