Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MathewD

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This big girl wanted to sleep in my next door neigbours pot plants. After a quick photo shoot she was relocated back into the bush behind us to find another place to call home. Biggest Diamond Python we have seen here for a few years, very fat and happy snake.

Attachments

• Diamond 1.JPG
    Diamond 1.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 4Diamond.JPG
    4Diamond.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 485
  • 2Diamond.JPG
    2Diamond.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 1Diamond.jpg
    1Diamond.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 465
carpet like, I'm a novice by the way lol

I have a mate with a diamond and a carpet/diamond cross and that's what that looks like.

I realise my terminology failure in hindsight, thanks mate.

I would hope that a Morelia Spilota Spilota would at least look a little 'Morelia-ish' :)

Very nice and healthy looking specimen.

Could have some spilota in it to dont you reckon ? Lmao

dont mean to get up ya mate but i'm pretty sure you started a thread a few months ago complaning about people giving newbies like yourself a hard time and you have just done exactly that, even after the bloke admitted to being new

MattewD,
That I really like. It is same as the classic form of Diamond we used to find up Gosford way as kids. Considerably larger than those I came across. Gorgeous animals, straight out of nature without any selcting or crossing etc. You've gotta love that.

Fourexes,
It is good to see a novice contributing. Please don't be put off by those who want to make fun of others' mistakes. I am still learning and I still make mistakes. I was corrected on a mistake I made a bit over a week ago. But I have now learned something that I did not know. I will PM you some specific info that should help, if you would like.

Bigbang,
Good onya bloke!

dont mean to get up ya mate but i'm pretty sure you started a thread a few months ago complaning about people giving newbies like yourself a hard time and you have just done exactly that, even after the bloke admitted to being new

Must admit to having a giggle after the morelia-ish comment to think it might be spilota-ish... :lol: But yeah it could be taken the wrong way.

Last edited:
What a beautiful diamond. Looks like it gets plenty of good food.

Just to clarify it wasn't taken the wrong way either. I do apologise for the incorrect input, however a few people had a good giggle about it so all is well. I do try to be correct when I do post but we all slip up :)

Just to clarify it wasn't taken the wrong way either. I do apologise for the incorrect input, however a few people had a good giggle about it so all is well. I do try to be correct when I do post but we all slip up :)
Can I ask if it was a mistake in your thinking or in your typing? I got the gist of what you were on about and also got a giggle but Blue is right people should have a quiet laugh and correct the mistake.

Can I ask if it was a mistake in your thinking or in your typing? I got the gist of what you were on about and also got a giggle but Blue is right people should have a quiet laugh and correct the mistake.

Thinking, just put the fingers into gear before my brain. Alcohol may also have been involved.

Anyhow this is distracting from the awesome Morelia Spilota at the beginning of the post..... :lol:

Morelia Spilota Spilota, very nice and large python by the way. I wish we had diamond pythons up here in Brisbane.

It was no particular comment I objected to – it was the total number.

Fourexes,

Here is the address of the relevant Wiki pages on this forum. I find it makes a great reference site for when people post pics and ask questions about any of the pythons...
Species Profiles - Aussie Pythons & Snakes. In my opinion it is worth a good read for lots of other reasons.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back