bad snake catching story

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
I had a call out today... about 10 minutes ago, that there was a snake about 30cm long in a shed about 5 minutes from where i was. I told the caller to do all the usual stuff, don;t touch it, keep an eye on it etc etc.

I got there and i saw a bloke lying on the ground. I got out of my car, he got up and walked over to me and handed me a garbage bag.. handed is the wrong word, he kind of shoved it into my chest. I put my hands underneath it, just like a normal sort of reaction, opened it a bit and saw a bloody WESTERN BROWN reared up at me!

Snake catching is a dangerous enough job without freaking cowboys trying to do it for you. I'm counting my lucky stars that i didn't get tagged at all, let alone in the face/neck.

geez thats annoying, people like that are just plain silly >: (

i know you get people like that, but do you get many 'good' call outs? and educate people and what not?
im looking at getting a mit permit by the end of the year :p

Nat ;)

Wow Gordo,
The cowboys are out there mate. Why was he lying on the ground ?
You are very lucky not to have been bitten.
Was the snake ok ?..Not damaged by the cowboy ?
Take care

Yeah we get alot of good calls, but it only takes one bad call to ruin your day, week, month.

He was lying on the ground cause he was blindly sticking his arm inside a wall to pull it out. The snake seems ok but i haven't had a good look at it. It doens't look like any other western i've caught around here though, I think it may be a hitch hiker from south. I'll try getting a picture of it if i can safely.

I read that the guy was lying on the ground and immediately thought he'd been bitten and collapsed

omg, what a tosser :shock:
should've turned the bag onto the cowboy :twisted: :lol: No harm intended of course :rolleyes: :lol:

Why bother calling you out in the first place if he was going to catch it himself? More guts than brains from the sound of it!!!!:rolleyes: At least the snake is ok.

This is him

IMGP2850.jpg

IMGP2848.jpg

The best looking one i've had around here, which is why i don't think he is from here.

Well... it could be. I really don't think it is a local snake. But westerns are really variable, or you could hacve mistook a dugite for a western, i think their ranges overlap.

whats your average amount of callouts perday? where do you put the snakes you catch?

So I guess you learned that you don't look into the bag when it's that close to your face then .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back