bag eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah1526

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi
So I just caught my southern angle-headed dragon laying eggs. I let her be for a about 12 hours. Next morning I went for an egg hunt and found she had laid 4.
However, like previous times, the eggs are not perfectly oval-shaped, they've got big dents in them or looked squashed.
I've never been able to hatch her eggs before, they always grow mouldy.

Is a sunken egg shape a bad sign right off the bat? Bear in mind the eggs was only a few hours old.

Sunken/dented appearance is usually caused by them drying out, this is why it's crucial to provide a moist lay site.
If you incubate them correctly asap there is a chance they will rehydrate.

AS GJ has said, they dehydrate in only a matter of hours if the enclosure is warm and dry. As soon as she covers the hole, you should retrieve the eggs, don't leave it overnight.

Jamie

AS GJ has said, they dehydrate in only a matter of hours if the enclosure is warm and dry. As soon as she covers the hole, you should retrieve the eggs, don't leave it overnight.

Jamie

but i've also been told to leave them overnight first. and the substrate is the enclosure was moist anyway

Sunken eggs are normal. You will find they will obsorb water from the incubation substrate. To stop the mold you could try a tinea powder from the chemist. I find it doesn't stop it completely but is definately stops it from spreading or at minimum slows it down.
Good luck.

Why would you need to leave them overnight? The sooner you move them, the less chance they have of being damaged by changing their orientation.

Jamie

i tried to incubate them naturally but the all died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back