Bandy Bandy killed by another ignorant human.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeHugger

Reaction score
My brother in law continued to boast that he used his oh so manly powers and killed a 'snake' becuase it was 'hissing at his dog'. He wonders why I shot him down? Jack ****

Apparently his colleague said it was a Bandy Bandy.... and he later confirmed it on a google image.

But I have to remember that some people have been brought up with the same ignorance their parents had and this is why these ideals are so embedded in modern day society STILL.

I told him he couldn't just go out and kill snakes for the heck of it (me in a fit of rage) and he asked me who said he couldn't.... THE BLOODY NATURE CONSERVATION ACT YOU IMBECILE.

But apparently anything that hiss's at his pets or that can put his family in danger 'is going to die'.

He couldn't agree that he would kill another dog if it growled at his dog though.

FRU#$(EUFRERUOHJSOP!43826!

The last snake he found I got collected for him. Thought he knew better. He was never going to win the argument though.

Ok I needed that rant. Now someone tell me your absolute frustrations with effing FRUSTRATING HUMANS.

i hate some people :evil: i absolutely hate hearing about / seeing animals get killed when its clearly unnecessary

Man it ****s me to tears honestly. Especially from my family that knows how much i care about reps and i have dedicated my whole life to animal conservation and here he is trying to have a joke about it when he knows he has upset me. Anger beyond words!

I feel your pain but can't start, your screen won't fit my rant

Yeah pretty much has d to stop myself just typing that thread just then. We should start a Australian wide riot.

that is so sad. I play with my local bandy bandy's... one was only as long as my foot... and i'm a size 7!

It's just fear and ignorance. Be mature and don't overreact or do anything stupid.
If he is just scared of snakes and is genuinely worried about the safety of his dog, then have a rational
and mature discussion with him about snakes, and explain to him that there is no reason to be scared of them.

However, if he is killing them just to piss you off, then find a really big guy who loves snakes, and let them have a chat..

Haha Boidae. Totally true. I tried having a rational convo first... but you know how it goes.. He is a pretty big guy himself so i dont think he will be scared of a another big guy...Big...just not in the BRAIN.

Next time i hope he just calls me or our local friendly snake catcher. He will learn. He better.

Haha Boidae. Totally true. I tried having a rational convo first... but you know how it goes.. He is a pretty big guy himself so i dont think he will be scared of a another big guy... Big...just not in the BRAIN.

Next time i hope he just calls me or our local friendly snake catcher. He will learn. He better.

Or ill bloody report him!

Last edited:
i really hate seeing roadkill snakes and lizards that clearly have been aimed for. was driving on a road and no one overtook us, only 1 car passed us going the other way and we found a stephens banded freshly hit, it was on our side of the road too so the only car that could have possibly done it was going the other way and drove onto our side of the road specifically to hit it.

i really hate seeing roadkill snakes and lizards that clearly have been aimed for. was driving on a road and no one overtook us, only 1 car passed us going the other way and we found a stephens banded freshly hit, it was on our side of the road too so the only car that could have possibly done it was going the other way and drove onto our side of the road specifically to hit it.

I had stopped to move a turt off the road a few years back. As I was walking towards it some redneck ****er came along in his truck, lined it up and splattered the poor thing.

I nearly got clipped by a bus in Nambour moving a GTS off the road. The driver did the same. I had to dive out of the way. The driver had crossed a lane to try to hit the snake.

I had stopped to move a turt off the road a few years back. As I was walking towards it some redneck ****er came along in his truck, lined it up and splattered the poor thing.

I nearly got clipped by a bus in Nambour moving a GTS off the road. The driver did the same. I had to dive out of the way. The driver had crossed a lane to try to hit the snake.
there is just no need for it. i can understand (but not agree to) someone using a shovel out of fear (again i don't approve of it but sometimes people when freaked just react) but within the safe confines of your vehicle, what are you trying to prove? jerks!
good for you for trying to help these animals!

Yeah not sure how a bandy bandy could hurt anything larger than a blind snake, let alone a dog

Not when their head is smaller than your little fingers fingernail! That one was so little I didn't want to pick it up for fear of hurting it!

I have a confession to make. I am a swerver.

I swerve and try to hit Cane toads and cats... I also try to aim for foxes too.

But seriously. what the ****! You're standing there on the road! You're so lucky you didn't get hit

Last edited:
Yeah not sure how a bandy bandy could hurt anything larger than a blind snake, let alone a dog

Yeah but remember to these tough guys a 30cm bandy bandy is actually a vicious 6 foot king brown thats going to kill their family!!

My Father was a kill any snake person..... it has taken me 2 years but now he really loves and appreciates them :) I take it upon myself to try and edumacate a lot of rednecks(sorry Daddy lol) some see the light and some just get tired of listening to me ;) and some are dumb ignorant Mo Fo's that I just wanna swerve and squish so they know how it feels ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrr

***, my dad works a riotinto in weipa there was a big scrubby on the road(mindyou one lane is the size of two normal lanes) so he called a one stop where everyone has to stop there 60 ton trucks, he called the one stop so the snake wouldnt get hurt.

Not when their head is smaller than your little fingers fingernail! That one was so little I didn't want to pick it up for fear of hurting it!

I have a confession to make. I am a swerver.

I swerve and try to hit Cane toads and cats... I also try to aim for foxes too.

But seriously. what the ****! You're standing there on the road! You're so lucky you didn't get hit

my wifes grandparents lost a friend to this, he stopped with his daughter to move a turtle off the road near batemans bay, and got cleaned up by a truck, his 6yo watched fromt he car.....

i can understand hitting something by accident, but i cant stand people that swerve off the road to skid over snakes.....

if i saw it id have run them off the road......

Horrible stories guys! Glad some people care/and/or have changed their ways! I swerve out of the way of anything.... And i stop on highways for anything (maybe not a cane toad).. Someone has to give a shi*t. Once i watched a man in a car run over a brown, and reversing over it like 10 times (when i was much younger). I was so distraught. So confronting to see. Dad had to go out and finish the job. Shouldnt be left for other people to clean up someones ignorant and disgusting actions.

You don't need to see that when you are 8!

One person at a time guys. One step toward a better future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back