Be careful with those power tools - they can bite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickB

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was working on an new enclosure for my young Coastal Python I had a not so happy encounter with my Jigsaw blade

Result ripped a piece out of my Bird flipping finger, not as bad as it could have been though. Off to the Doc for some attention and a couple of stitches.

Lesson learned - pay attention at all times.

2017-10-14  That jigsaw bites 1 jpg.jpg

Lucky most of the time those JiggaSaws give you a second chance so to speak. Last week a chippy at a construction estate I frequent lost three digits when a circular saw kicked on him. Hand in the wrong place and not paying enough attention:confused:

Lucky most of the time those JiggaSaws give you a second chance so to speak. Last week a chippy at a construction estate I frequent lost three digits when a circular saw kicked on him. Hand in the wrong place and not paying enough attention:confused:

Thanks MANNING, yes I got lucky this time. Fortunately I was not working too fast on the saw. Taught me a new level of respect for the tool in use.

Ouch! I've had enough near misses to know that's gotta tickle.

Thanks pinefamily, the wife making cheeky comments hurt almost as much as the injury. :)

And just for good measure a pic of the repair and stitches job on the finger.2017-10-14  That jigsaw bites 2  (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch! All too easy to get complacent when we use power tools on a regular basis. Glad it wasn't worse and hope you heal up fast.

Thanks mate. I don't use power tools very often, normally I have no problems handling them.
I guess when one gets distracted there is normally a quick reminder to pay attention.
Im mending slowly and the missus is already on at me about not using power tools to do jobs.
3 words - not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back