Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REPTILIAN-KMAN

Reaction score
No, I can't walk up waterfalls, Bear Grylls tells kids

By Jano Gibson
Updated 32 minutes ago
"How do you eat bugs, exactly?" ... Young scouts quiz Bear Grylls about his eating habits. (Morgan Hartney)

He has eaten raw goat testicles, gobbled down frozen yak eyeballs and sipped on elephant faecal fluid.
So the first question Edward "Bear" Grylls was asked today during his visit to the scout headquarters in Darwin was hardly surprising.
"How can you eat bugs, exactly?" a young girl said.
The English adventurer, who is preparing to head out to Arnhem Land to shoot an episode for his Man vs Wild television series, put it down to the basics of survival.
"It's amazing what happens when you get hungry," he said.
"You have got to do whatever you can. And it's never pretty, is it?"
The 35-year-old, who is also the chief of the United Kingdom Scout Association, was then peppered with more questions.
"Can you really walk up a waterfall?," one scout asked.
"No," he told them.
"I can climb up a lot of waterfalls [but] I fall down a lot of waterfalls."
Another asked: "How do you come up with the things you do, like sleeping in a camel?"
" thought that would be a cool thing to show how to do," Grylls replied, admitting it wasn't the best idea.
"It was a bad night," he said.
Another scout wanted to know: "Have you ever felt like you are about to die?"
"God, you guys are real doom-mungers today," Grylls said.
"Yes. It's a horrible feeling, but it makes you realise life is super special."
Grylls would not give much away about his plans in the Northern Territory outback, which he rated as one of the riskiest places in the world.
"Danger is the bottom line," he said.
"You've got some of the most lethal predators on earth up here, so I'm always cautious and a little bit nervous, especially when you are dealing with sharks, snakes and saltwater crocs."
But 12-year-old scout, Oliver, said he knew what Grylls should do while in the Top End.
"I think [he should] wrestle a croc, kill it, and then take its teeth and make a croc-tooth dagger to kill cane toads with, and sleep in the croc, and have the croc skull as protection.
"That would be cool."

special thanks ABC NEWS

So, he broke the law and killed and ate a wild Australian snake and they let him back in the country? And they wont even let Snoop Dogg come here to do a concert. Pathetic.

plenty of 'phoney grilles' video's on you tube.. see how he really makes his programs

:lol: it will be very entertaining if he does what the last kid suggested. Who gives if he kills snakes, as long as they are not rare and he is going to actually eat them, that means he eats it on film for us instead of "saving it for later" or whatever other stupid excuse he has to kill animals for nothing other then ratings.

Eating snakes is the same as seafood from australian waters, only difference is one is legal to eat. Both are classed as "wildlife"

By the way I don't like the show because it is fake, and because he kills animals for nothing, he says he will save them for later and wastes them. If he eats the whole animal on screen it is fine in my opinion, same as someone eating any other Australian animal.

bear grylles rocks, he's awesome and yeah he didn't have to kill the snake but he's still cool.

if you know how fake his show is then im sure you understand its not necessary to kill anything..

bear grylles rocks, he's awesome and yeah he didn't have to kill the snake but he's still cool.
I'm with you kiddo :) I love Bear Grylls. I reckon Man vs Wild is a great show.
iirc, Monday's episode will feature him in the Kimberley region. I don't know if it's an old screening, or related to his recent visit to Australia.

if you know how fake his show is then im sure you understand its not necessary to kill anything..

It's just like eating any other meat, if you eat any Australian animal (fish, prawns, roo, oyster you name it), you are just the same. If you don't agree with animals being killed or think its not neccesary, be a vegetarian.

It is not really necessary to kill stuff, but if he is actually gonna eat it, there is no harm in it.

Kimberly episode is an old one, its the one were he apparently kills an olive, you see him "kill it" from a distance but I think it is fake because he usually just kills them up close and personal when he is allowed to, I think because it was illegal he didn't actually kill it and just make it look like he did.

I'm with you kiddo :) I love Bear Grylls. I reckon Man vs Wild is a great show.
iirc, Monday's episode will feature him in the Kimberley region. I don't know if it's an old screening, or related to his recent visit to Australia.

I like the show when he doesn't kill things. In the other night's episode when he was looking for beavers to kill it was terrible, especially considering he was just saying how amazing they were. Luckily he didn't find any.

The Kimberly one should be good, I hope nothing dies though.

It's just like eating any other meat, if you eat any Australian animal (fish, prawns, roo, oyster you name it), you are just the same. If you don't agree with animals being killed or think its not neccesary, be a vegetarian.

It is not really necessary to kill stuff, but if he is actually gonna eat it, there is no harm in it.

It's not just like any other meat, they're protected species'. And he hardly ever eats even a quarter of what he kills, he'll eat half a bite max usually.

Can somebody please post a link to a video of Bear supposedly killing an olive, as the episode I watched he stated that due to Australian law he could not kill our wildlife, personally I don't believe that he did kill the olive.

And Naledge likening killing snakes to child abuse is just straight out stupid

It's not just like any other meat, they're protected species'. And he hardly ever eats even a quarter of what he kills, he'll eat half a bite max usually.

Yes they are protected, but its just the same as eating fish to me, all are Australian. I don't eat any meat really, apart from occasionally chicken. You are right about that, that is why I stated if he is gonna eat it all on camera. I think it is a waste and wrong to kill it and only take a bite or eat a few mouthfuls.

Well, it's against the law. Why not say ''Who gives if he molests some kids" while you're at it.

I missed this comment, yes it is against the law to eat protected animals, but if its a common species, it is just like eating any other animal in my eyes.

Molesting kids is a totally different argument, and a stupid comparison.

Anyway I don't really wanna argue, lets all just do what we came onto this thread to do, bag bear grylls :lol:

Can somebody please post a link to a video of Bear supposedly killing an olive, as the episode I watched he stated that due to Australian law he could not kill our wildlife, personally I don't believe that he did kill the olive.

And Naledge likening killing snakes to child abuse is just straight out stupid

And saying 'who gives' when someone breaks the law is also straight out stupid. The law's there for a reason.

meat,fish,chicken,oysters they 'FARM', i dont see any 'snake farms' around... so liking it to killing a cow,fish,oyster is just stupid.. snakes are protected.. go down to your local farmer & slaughter his prized cows & see if he shakes your hand & tells you its just like killing a snake....

And saying 'who gives' when someone breaks the law is also straight out stupid. The law's there for a reason.

You can't agree with every single law though, some are just stupid, eg you can't touch wild snakes without permit just to move off a busy road, but you can kill them in self defense.

Tatt2tony, I don't call trawling fish farming, most on the supermarket shelfs are caught. Kangaroo that is for sale is shot in the bush, I guess you don't support that either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back