bearded dragon diet problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuwx

Reaction score
Hi guys, my beardie is 9 months old, everything goes well, only problem is he only eats crickets...

I tried all different types of vegies and place a fresh dish of chopped vege in the enclosure everyday, but seems like he never get interested in it, maybe licked the vegie once or twice.

he eats 30+ large crickets everyday and he is around 38cm, will he eat vegie when he gets older?

anyone got some tips for feeding vegie to their beardie? thank you.

another problem is he only goes to toilet once 1 week now, is that normal or because the temperature is low in sydney at the moment? but I always put the ceramic heat globe on.

Maybe stop feeding him such a large amount of crickets a day. That is way to much in my opinion. A 9 month old bearded dragon shouldn't be 38 cms. He also needs a proper clear basking light to replicate the sun and a basking spot of 40-45 degrees..

Try not feeding him anything for a few days, then only offering him vegetables. It's usually a good idea to introduce vegetables to beardies at quite a young age, as (I believe) it's harder to get them onto them once they're older...it's probably unlikely that he'll suddenly switch to veggies at this age or older if he hasn't been eating them before.

Also if he's still eating every day then pooping once a week is not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back