~Bearded Dragon Handling~

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just today for some reason my girl has been puffing herself up when I get her out. I'm trying to ignore it, but when she's out she's fine and shuts her eyes when I pet her head. Funny thing is she hates walking around and seems to get freaked out, the shoulder thing is a no no, she just likes to sit on my knee quietly. I hope she doesn't bite me, she makes me nervous!!! :lol:

yes they hurt! they have teeth and if u get bitten by an adult it is painful :) my old male (who has sadly passed away) bit me once whilst i was trying to remove some stuck shed around his mouth he drew blood and my finger was sore and swallen for 3 days it even when purple where the bite was

Oh no!! Aussiebluetongue, I wish I didn't read that, I'm going to be sweating bullets next time I go to get her out!!! :)

My 3 beardies are handled every day for feeding (I feed them seperatly to make sure they are all eating and eating the right amount). All have totally different personallities, My biggest Plumpkin Only likes being horizontal so shoulders only also took her outside and she bolted (startled by a hawk that was floating around) inside towards her enclousure it was quite funny.

My male Freizer just hates my guts but he is learning to tolerate it because To eat he has to be handled :p. Finally Little red another Girl just goes to sleep when I pick her up also when she walks or Runs around she flicks her tail up I personally think that she looks like a remote control car cause looks like a little antenna.

Soppy lot on here, some of you sound like you'd be better off with a puppy lol
Beardies have different personalities, they do what they do, better off letting them be in my opinion.
Respect them and try to understand what they want, and they may respect you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back