Bearded Dragon not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malbone

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi - My Bearded Dragon hasn't eaten a cricket for at least 8 weeks - his nick name is piggy as he would smash them very quickly and eat about 15 every 2nd day plus some carrot and scrambled egg - I think he is in breeding mode and the only thing that has changed - anyone have any ideas as I have none - thanks Mal

Any other abnormalities going on? Changes in enclosure heating added animals?? Seems a tad weird too me.. how is the activity? Sluggish/active and alert? And have you tried other foods? My CBD loved Woodies and Grasshoppers.. thats when i started to mix up the dietary needs of them... and never really had issues after that..

How old is your beardie? Even in breeding mode he should be eating, especially live prey.
Has the weather changed in your area? They are very receptive to changes in the weather, even in their heated enclosures.

I can't think of anything that has changed at all except showing signes of breeding mode - he still sits in the same spots but never eats - he still looks the same - i've never seen Grass Hoppers for sale and Woodies have been a nightmare heapes have escaped in the house - not good..................thanks mal

Hmmmmm maybe some new stimulation is needed? Move and change the enclosures contents around.. maybe some outside of enclosure.. anything is worth a try.. not sure what could promote eating tho.. however the more you try the more you can cross off as a issue.. good luck Mal

thanks guys - will give both a go.............thanks mal

- - - Updated - - -

Well he had a go today and eat 5 - better than nothing but he used to eat 15..................cheers mal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back