Bearded Dragons!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondslady

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hello,
i am just wondering what else beardies can eat?? my 2 are going really well and boy r they growing fast!, they r fed crickets and veges, and their meal worms. just wondering what type of fruit they like to eat and if there is any particular food that i have forgotten which they may like also?? thanks fiona.... 8)

they usually love stone fruit (wrong time of year i know) and strawberries.

Bearded Dragons will also eat locusts, cockroaches, moths, worms, snails, minced meat (which is good to mix with a calcium/vitamin supplement), bananas, chopped lettuce, dandelion flowers and other edible weeds such as clover and milk thistle etc. And remember, adults can be fed young mice or rats.

my beardies r only 4 months old are they old enough for those woodies do you think?,i mean at the moment they r feeding on large crickets which my boy one fits three in his mouth at once he is so greedy(LOL).. do i just cut the strawberries up in little pieces? thanks for your help...fiona.. :p

Woodies can be ordered as small as 10mm. Much smaller than a large cricket. Yep, just cube the fruit and see how they go. Mine won't touch it :roll:

Are they old enough for the woodies?....well there's only one way to find out for sure; put the *******(deleted) woodies in there and see what happens. And yeah, cut the strawberries into manageable sized peices.

Puff , this is a friendly forum and there is no need for the use of such language in answering posts. Please refrain from using it. Thank you.

My beardies are also 4 months, I ordered 10mm woodies from Herpshop and they loved them! I grated a mixture of strawbs, apple and banana and they loved that too :)

Puff I dont feel that sarcasm was called for,Diamondslady asked a genuine question and was hoping to recieve a genuine reply.There will also be a time when you will need questions answered and would not like to get a response similar to the one you just gave.

Anyways It has all been answered for you diamonds so no need for me to respond :p

i am very offended by your response PUFF!!!!! in future i would not like to hear from you or i will have you removed and as far as my question i was only asking for a little help..i was told a few weeks ago that a bearded dragon has to be a certain age before eating woodies!! obviously they were wrong and that is why i posted that message here to get a little help not some smart answer like that,if your want to talk like that please go somewhere else no need for it here,i just like to do things right and check with what other people think but then you come along people like you that obviously have nothing better to do than swear and carry on like a child..so thanks to everyone elses nice remarks and puff i would not like to talk to you ever again!!! thanks fiona.. :x

Fiona I was told the same thing about woodies... :) But then was given other opinions here so I tried them out, and got a good result!
Puff you are a bit rude I think you should apologise. Don't insult people here because when the time comes that you need help, no one here will be willing to give it to you.

Don't be too harsh on Puff Fiona...
Just one little post, probably a spur of the moment thing...

i am sorry nicole it was not a spur of the moment thing would you answer someone using that sort of language?????? typical always got to stick up for the fellas! i don;t really care but when people talk to me like that i would rather have nothing to do with them..i would like to see what you would do if yu were spoken to like that??

Could I just ask everyone to settle down a little here? Puff was out of line with his language and it has been brought to his attention by a number of members, myself included. It can be construed as offensive I believe and definately unnecessary. If an apology is forthcoming that would be good. The last thing we want to do is let a post such as this cause a rift between members who are normally well behaved and reasonable people who get on well together.

forgive me for wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt on a first offence...

I don't see this as a serious enough offense to warrant deletion before another post by puff gives him the chance to either apologise or explain his post.

Let me start by saying that I have apologised to diamondslady with a PM. Now i'll clarify the situation. There has been a huge misunderstanding here. You've all completely mis-interpreted my last post and taken it out of context. First of all, it was NOT a sarcastic post. I was trying to be genuinley helpful. In all honesty, I cannot comprehend how that post could be "offensive" to anyone in any way if it were not for the use of a single swearword. This "f word" is a word that I use every single day in just about every single conversation that I have. Does this mean I have a swearing problem? It certainly does not. I have never met a normal person who does not use the F word in every day conversation. If I use the F word, it does not mean I am trying to be nasty or anti-social. It does not necessarily mean I am trying to emphasize a point either. It's just a word...just a word. Understand? I am very sorry to all concerned for the indisgressions and emotional trauma that this word may have caused.

Thanks for that post Puff. As far as I am concerned that clears it up, in my case it was the one word that I found distasteful in the post. Unlike in daily conversation you can't see who you are talking to here,and, while I am probably a bit old fashioned here, I find bad language offensive in mixed company. This is not to say I don't use it myself frequently. Thanks again buddy for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back