Beardie acting odd?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so far not much improvment. Has had a bit of Bok Choy over the last few days but nothing substantial. back to the vet this afternoon, probably get blood tests today :(

good luck, dont forget to post the results!!!!

so the heat mat did nothing,..?

the liver/kidney function test is about $200,....just so ur not too shocked when u get the bill,...
what was the reason ur vet mentioned liver function?

Her brother died of a liver complication about 2 weeks after I bought them :(
And I got quoted 105 for the blood test?
She is sleeping right on top of it but still no real interest in food, eats a little bit of veggies (i think) as she is pacing through her bowl and spreading it everywhere but it looks like the bokchoy is missing. She did a well formed poop this morning. Shows No interest in crickets, meal worms or woodys, doesn't even really look at them :(
Dw i'll deffinatly post results. And either way money wont be an issue. 2 minute noodles for a week don't bother me if it means i can save her..

wow, great price, i paid 200 when Boo was suddenly weird, so i thought id warn you,.. :p

fingers crossed her results came back saying everythign is in working order,...i was so relieved to find out Boo was fine,...money well spent regardless of the outcome i say! :)

you'll have to try the trident hot and spicy ones, best 2 min noodles ever!! :p

Why liver and not kidney????? Bloods will show Phosphorous/Calcium ratio. Sounds more kidney to me if not eating much, losing weight, not interested in food, worms ruled out, not a probable brumation issue.

How old were they when u bought them?

Not sure? Just vets thoughts? Hasn't brumated at all or shown signs of wanting too.
There were 6-8 weeks i believe?

Had bloods done today, another anti biotic injection, results on monday.

If you've had her for that long, the issues will either be kidney or protozoa (as mentioned), very important to be honest about food, cleaning, uvb & heat - distances, otherwise waste of money. Both up to vet to decide - hope they're up to it :)

And Why would I be anything but honest? My lizards life is on the line here...

Thanks for the luck guys. Hopefully she will continue to pick up, ate a bit of bok choy this afternoon. Going to try a bit of straw berry tomorrow

So yesterday she ate about half a handful of bokchoy, and today she has had a dandelion and some more bok choy! YAY!! still acting off but a bit more like herself now. :)

Last edited:
Update,
Bloods are in, and her calcium levels are high so they are doing an ultra sound today to check her folicals i believe, I ring up in a hour or 2 for the verdict....

ultra sound shows big! folicals, so they are putting her on oral calcium supplements and more anti biotics AND THERE IS TALK OF DESEXING HER!!! WTH? I've NEVER heard of this> I'm going to pick her up in about 3 hours so could someone please jump on and tell weather its a good idea or not, i'd really rather not as she has awesome colours and was planning to breed her...

There being vague and telling me different things, i'm getting quite frustrated with this. I know how risky that sugury would be surely there must be other ways to help??

Last edited:
yikes, never heard of desexing, so cant offer any info there,...!!

so liver is ok?

im a bit confused, calcium is high, so shes getting more calcium? how does that work?

would getting her knocked up asap be of any benefit? (sort out her hormones or something)

the reason i ask is i lost a 3 year old to an infected follicle that didnt get reabsorbed a few years ago, ive always wondered if id still have her if id put her with a male,....

thanks for the update,....

They didn't say anything about the liver in regards to the bloods, And I know, they are confusing the hell out of me. High calcium levels so give her more??

Update.
Back from the vet, More anti biotics and calcium syrup twice a day, must get her eating.
They think her follicles are sucking all the calcium out of her and that's why there was alot of calcium in her blood, He wants to desex her to stop it happening again. I'm not going for it.

I didn't even get to speak to the vet about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back