Beardie babies not eating??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipcdame

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, the past 5 days have seen the eight eggs my beardie lay all hatch (100% success rate!!). They are all now in a larger enclosure with a decent uv light and temps at 28-29, thermostatically controlled. They are all healthy and running around like healthy babies, but none of them are showing any interest in eating. They all are running and jumping around just fine, will they eventually figure it out what the jumpy little offerings (of pin crickets) are for? Of are they lacking something in their instincts to jump at anything that moves (they do jump at the crickets, but away from them!!).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't keep beardies but I would think that 28/29C temps are too low.

way low. give a high basking temp. i use a 45watt beam light and a 60watt wide angle for my adults. mine love having a stick to climb on close to it. but i have a rock directly under so once the light goes out they run strait on it and get all the heat from it.

i don't have babies either but having said that, temps are very low need a basking temp of 40degrees, also how many crickets are you putting in with them, how long are you leaving then in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back