Beardie eating bees

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fisherjayse

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Took my beardies out for a play in the sunny garden bed. They started off with parsley and mint and even tried a bit of mondo grass. Then my male beardie spotted the bees on the lavender. Been raised in captivity he may have thought moving insects are all crickets. End result beardie 2, bee stings 0
A quick google search showed bees werent harmful but also not recommended as food.
i think they enjoyed the garden. :lol:

Tom

Bahahaha jeez i would have been a bit worried about the bee's stinging but alas all is good lol
Been taking out my oldest EBD who is not flighty at all out to the front garden/lawn for a look the last couple of days, shes quiet happy to bask in some real light and "lick/taste" everything.... im kinda like a 1st time mum, watching like a hawk LOL
I was going to get a few shots of her "hiding" behind a forked bit of long grass.... looked soooooooo funny!! anyway!! Welcome back sunshine!! Everyones lovin' it!

i was a bit worried at the time too! but he was fine eating them. He would here them going buzz or he would see them and then he would charge at them and next thing you know he is chewing on a bee! lol

tom

just looked on the net and came across this
[h=2]Bad Insects[/h]There are quite a few insects you should never feed your bearded dragon. These insects are toxic, vicious, and can be very dangerous to feed your pet
  • Ants
  • Bees, wasps, hornets
  • Some caterpillars
  • Centipedes
  • Fireflies
  • Lubber grasshoppers
  • Scorpions
Personally l wouldn't let them eat insects from outside becasue you don't know if they are toxic meaning if they have eaten pestisides or other chemicals. I would have thought that the bees could sting inside the mouth too.

i think the bee was munched up to quick to sting in the mouth
he is fine at the moment will monitor him and see if any changes occur

tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back