Beardie hatchy with limp foot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emma_jane

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have 10 CBD hatchies that hatched about 3 weeks ago, and I just noticed that one of them has a limp front right leg in the foot and toes (the upper part of the leg moves okay).

I have been checking them individually every day to make sure they are all healthy etc, so I think that this must be a new problem! All the others are completely normal and healthy.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could have caused this? He is still feeding fine etc.

Would it be worth taking him/her to the vet to get it checked out?

Thanks so much for your help,
Emma

Hi. If they are housed together it is possible the limp foot could be due to damage done by one of the other lizards.

Yay, someone replied! Haha. That's what I was thinking, they are housed together in a large tub, but with plenty of basking perches and hiding places. Maybe he just fell awkwardly or something - I don't know! They certainly do not act aggressively toward one another and there are no flesh wounds on any whatsoever. I will be taking him to the vet early next week though to get it checked out at the very least (the poor thing looks so awkward/painful the way he leans on it)

Yay, someone replied! Haha. That's what I was thinking, they are housed together in a large tub, but with plenty of basking perches and hiding places. Maybe he just fell awkwardly or something - I don't know! They certainly do not act aggressively toward one another and there are no flesh wounds on any whatsoever. I will be taking him to the vet early next week though to get it checked out at the very least (the poor thing looks so awkward/painful the way he leans on it)
my bet is its been atacked by another beardie .

what was it like when it came out the egg, it may be a slight defect from development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back