beardie not eating!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_man

Reaction score
my beardie is not eating.
what do i do? i have tried to foce feed him but he doesn't chew what i put in his mouth.
please help

Our resident beardy expert Stretchy Babe needs to come in and have a chat about this one methinks. Stretchy Babe where are you ????????

- How old is the beardie?
- What are you feeding it?

Try gently massaging his jaws once you have put the food in. This has worked on a few of our rescued wild dragons.
Some are also put off if we watch them eat, so usually if we leave them alone they chew it down eventually.

How long have you had the dragons for?
I recently got 2 beardies and one of them didn't eat for the first week to 10 days that I had her. I assume she was just going through a transition phase and getting to know her new home.

they are probly 3 months old and i have had them for about 1 month. they still look like hatchlings... is this normal. i have been trying to feed it crickets. today i put a couple of grasshoppers in his cage with the legs ripped off and he ate three of them and a moth. but he still looks ill.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back