beardies again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadkill5000

Reaction score
just then i wittnest a quite disturbing picture one of my beardies eyes were bulging out of its head :shock: does anybody no what this is or has anyone witnessed this before :?:
she was shedding at the time if it gives you any help
:shock:

Are they still bulging? There can be a number of reasons why this happens, but if it is shedding then I dare say that this is the cause.
Some lizards puff out their eyelids to help loosen the older layer of skin.

There could be an infection in the eustachian tubes or could be caused by intraocular pressure from an injury or other form of infection, but if your beardie is shedding, I dare say that is what it is.

No! I just love my beardies. And unlike my short history with snakes, I have had alot of experience with the beardies. (except hatchlings!!!)

Which reminds me, the beardie that was displaying alot of leg cramps, is now acting perfectly fine. He did the hugest poop and was fine afterwards.And I have 500 roaches rocking up on Mond-Tues

Excellent babe, :) then I know where to come for advice next week when I get that job and get back into beardies :) Good luck with the roaches, get that tub prepared well in advance and speak to ya grocer to keep you his old egg trays :)

Tub...yes....tub.....AGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I will be buying a big tub tonight and good idea re egg trays! Will ask my hubby to ask the local one near his work. Til then I was just going to use the egg cartons I have lying around.

It's all very exciting you know! Not having to catch crickets all the time...I hate it! And trying to catch the right size!

Mind you....the other day I accidentally dropped the box of crickets...the lid was not on properly...eek

yeah, you don't want to drop a tub of cockies either :) I haven't bred roaches for over 6 months and I still find the occasional one under a fish filter or the like so keep a tight rein on them! You do know to fit some fly screen into the lid of your tub and DON"T put the cockies in till you have painted the barrier in the tub :) With the egg trays make sure you stack 'em so they won't fall into each other and obviously don't stack them higher than the line of fluon. There is a great care sheet for the roaches on Brians' site. Good luck hon :)

thanks stretch they were only bulging for a couple of minutes so it mite be because of the shedding it just gave me a bit of a fright to see my lizards eyes popping out of there head :shock:

Don't you tell my wife about that fishboy. I had to convince her that woodies go outside if they manage to escape before I was allowed to keep them in the house! :D "Honestly hon, they just don't live inside, they are an outside type of roach!" :lol:

LOL Maggie, my lips are sealed mate :) If only you knew some of the things my missus believes about bugs and critters through things I have told her :)

So cruel boys... I can sympathise with how they feel about cockroachs....
Uggghhhhh!

Hey roadkill,
My beardie also does that and the first time i saw him do it scared me to death. I have caught him doing it at about five occasions and there still seems to be nothing wrong with him. ?
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back