Beardies Hatching soon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gomeztime

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time at breeding bearded dragons and just wondered what most people do as the little guys are hatching.

Do they get moved immediately out of the incubator and into a separate enclosure. should I be monitoring the incubator really carefully and often to ensure that they are moved as quickly as possible?

Can you leave them in their containers for a day (or more) in the incubator without an issue? Will they have enough oxygen if the container has no breath holes?

Mine are being incubated using the substrateless technique, therefore is there a chance of them being adversely affected by the water in the bottom of the dish? eg. drowning.

Any knowledge out there would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mal

A mate of mine breeds hundreds of beardies etc every season however she uses vermiculite. I would keep an eye on them very closely and when they look to be starting to hatch move them immediately to a separate container with damp paper towel and allow to hatch. (I could be wrong here as I have not seen the substrateless technique, this is just what Ive seen my mates do from vermiculite) be very careful still not to roll them. You can help them a out little by splittting the egg (after they start hatching) just enough for their little head to pop out so they cant pull their heads back and drown. Leave them in incubator for 24hours after they are completely out of the egg on clean paper towelling (dispose of disgarded egg) to allow them to build up strength in the consistant temps then transfer to a tub or small enclosure.
Hope this is helpful, Other members feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise guys this is only what I have seen done not nessessarily what should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back