Beardies - Refuse to eat veggies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankgrimes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Have 2 new beardies (Age, unknown, but there ~10cm long..had them now for ~3weeks), and they refuse to eat any veggies....I've tried:

carrots/lettuce/peas/corn/broccoli and even tried putting some baby food on the veggies...

They will only eat crickets atm.

Should I try some mashed banana/other fruit? (Or any other suggestions to get them to eat veggies?)

FYI - I dust the crickets with calcium, and also the veggies with vitamin (Have tried the veggies without vitamin supplemant but made no difference)

Cheers.

Sounds very normal, they will start eating veges as they get older/in their own time. Just keep offering it each day if you can.

Their diet while young should be nearly all live foods, then they start favoring veges when older.

As an example: One of my beardies took months to start eating veges, the other was keen from day 1 of me having them.

if you live in W.A. and have a Pogona minor minor, they only eat crix and dont bother with greens. If you're over east and have the big inland dragons - then ignore me! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back