beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadkill5000

Reaction score
when i take my beardies outside for some uv after a while they start to open there mouths can anyone tell me why this is :oops:
is it because they are to hot :?:

It's one of the methods they have of cooling themselves, they are usually holding themselves high on their legs at the same time?

What a bummer, I was one day late to get 20 beardie hatchlings for $10.00 each. I could have cried and let me tell you African crying is not a pretty sight :) Sob.

yeah african they do raise themselves at the same time thanksfor explaining that i thought there could be something wrong with them.
they are eastern beardies

heh, i think all geckos CAN shed their tails, but they certainly dont all the time.. most of the time if a gecko loses its tail in captivity it's during mating, not gentle handling. that's why a lot of adult female geckos you see for sale don't have their original tail - males tend to bite :)

I'm not sure if I'm reading these posts correctly but Eastern Beardies and Black Soil Beardies are two different sub-species.
A shame you missed out on those hatchlings..I paid 40 each for my four.
I finally saw one doing the arm waving thing the other day.It looked like he was warming up to bowl.

Yeah Greebs that arm waving is great eh? Do you have a couple of males in the same enclosure cos that arm waving is usually a female thing unless one male is showing submission to another.

they are southern leaf tails and she dont like cause she thinks they are ugly
i think geckoes mostly lose there tails when they are picked up wrongly and handle incorrectly
sam my female has her original tail and my male has a regrown tail
fishything what geckoes you after they are fairley easy to look after depending on species

Not really sure yet Rk, have a lot more research to do before I get any, Gotta get a job first too :) Are there any species you would reccommend ?

ones that cannot climb glass as they soon become pains in the but.
maybe some barking geckoes or knob tails

Greebo - that's the best way to describe the arm waving I've ever heard - Love it! (and from the pavillion end we have P.Barbata coming in to bowl).

I am too late to answer, but at least you know now that the mouth opening, body raising thing is normal.

I ADORE beardies. I had a few of them waaaay back when I had a lizard pit in SA.

And I am PROUD and PLEASED to advise that as of Saturday I will be the proud owner of two central beardies :) $30 each and only an hour from here, though I had to get an import permit! ARGH

I am pleased as punch to add my beloved fave species of lizard to my collection of one captive childrens and one 'I think I'll just live in the house thanks,not a tank' childrens.

NB: When I say 'add' to my collection, I do not mean ADD to my collection....hehehehe The beardies will be away from the snakies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back