beardy behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy71

Reaction score
hi all

i was playing cricket in the backyard with my kids the other day and whoever was batting hit the tennis ball right down the backyard, almost to the fence. obviously, it was my job to go retrieve the ball as the kids union section 6-8 procludes kids from doing anything remotely identified as work.
as i headed down to the ball (20 metres or so away) i was shocked to see a sizeable bearded dragon shoot out from under some old cut branches and grab the tennis ball in his mouth. he continued to shake it from one side to another but fairly slowly, one side, stop, to the other then stop. i was thinking it was defending hs turf except that it didn't look to be very violent. as i called the kids to look and started laughing at him he stopped and scurried back into the branches.
anyone know? was this defensive? if it didn't make me sound crazy it looked like he was playing with the ball. ive seen him every couple of days hanging around the same branches so i guess i have a squatter.
would love some thoughts from those who know beardies

cheers rod

That’s one heckin big beardie I think :eek: u sure it wasn’t a small monitor :’)

No monitor. It had the tennis ball by the fur not wholly in its mouth. Hee definitely lifted it and swing uit around though. Perry sure its a mate beardy they have red on their chests don't they

No monitor. It had the tennis ball by the fur not wholly in its mouth. Hee definitely lifted it and swing uit around though. Perry sure its a mate beardy they have red on their chests don't they
It was possibly a Water Dragon, I don't think Beared Dragons colour up like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back