beautiful shed bluey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squishi

Reaction score
hey all i was so excited last week when i got my new blueys and accidently posted them in the wrong area. I was wondering the technical term for hem because the guy at the pet shop called them white phase a couple of people guessed hypo and now i have no doubt here are pictures attached of them before

Attachments

• 100_0873.jpg
    100_0873.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_0879.jpg
    100_0879.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Picture076.jpg
    Picture076.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 157
and here are pics of them neally finished shed i don't have a really good camera and my picutres don't do them much justice but they have shed into a really bright orange and yellow colour trigger 82 might post some good pictures on here over the weekend

Attachments

• 100_0881.jpg
    100_0881.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_0882.jpg
    100_0882.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_0883.jpg
    100_0883.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_0884.jpg
    100_0884.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 124
They are lovely, I'm not sure that it's a morph as such, more of a locale trait. We'll look forward to seeing them at the expo.

Nice Common Blueys. That is a common colour phase of them in a few places up north. I think the reason they look different to what most people think Common Blue Tongues should look like is because most of the ones in captivity are they darker "southern" types.....some pet shops good at using fancy names.

Cheers,
Kris.

re beautiful

Hi squish,the one with the blackish temporal streaks at tthe back of its eyes and darker colour is a eastern bluey typical of the southern form,the other two look like northern bluetongues (intermedia),they could be hybrids with something else but there was quite a few northern young being sold this season.

i actually like takign pictures of them with the standard bluey so people can see the colour difference

QLD locale blue tongues often have a much lighter and nicer colour (IMO.) Don't see any reason to suggest they are a hybrid. I think they are just a lighter QLD blue tongue. I see no reason why these cannot be called a hypomelanistic animals - they do look it! Congratulations for picking them up, and from a petshop at that! :p

A mate of mine breeds exceptional Northerns, with some litters throwing
a percentage of near white offspring.. which do go onto colour up.. but
remain noticeably different from their darker siblings.
For my taste, they have it all over most albino bluyes.

no not hypos,as zulu said,one looks typical eastern and the brighter ones are northerns,there not color morphs,they are sub spescies,the eastern bluey being tiliqua scincoides scincoides and the northern blueys being tiliqua scincoides intermidia,be careful keeping them all together,as northerns will happily remove cage mates tails or worse,kill them,they can be fiesty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back