bedding ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bundy07

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to know your opinion on bedding, is it absolutely necessary too have bedding or can I just have a fake rock floor like I have for a wall, It would look more natural, be cheaper and would probably be easier to clean what do u think.

It depends on the species that you wish to keep. 'Bedding' is not absolutely necessary, although most species require some form of absorbent and disposable substrate. Some keepers prefer no substrate, but again it depends very much on the species kept.

Im currently building a new enclosure for my stimsons python, just looking at my options

you probably do want bedding, that way there will be something to absorb the mess and possibly some of the smell from any excrement from your stimmie. If you want something that's a solid piece for ease of cleaning etc. i hear marine carpet (the type you use on boats) is excellent. Otherwise, having done the research and asked these questions myself the constantly highly rated ones were: newspaper, paper towel or if you're after something a little more natural looking: Kritters crumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back