Bedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KierenTavener12

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Live grass in a vivarium..grown in a removable tray like the dog grass pads for them to pee on. Would it work?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yon
I've never heard of that one before. Don't forget if you have live plants/grass in your enclosure that can create difficulties.

You also don't state what it will be used for ie. python

While I don't know if this is the same for grass it is a good rule of thumb for live plants.

While the live plants are a great way to raise humidity there are also problems.

It doesn't matter what plant you chose it still needs to be washed thoroughly to remove pesticide residue. Also change the soil from the plant to fresh soil that doesn't contain pesticides, fertilizer or perlite. It's not a good idea to have plants/grass that have any sort of sap, thorns, spikes etc. These are skin irritating for the snake.

For a substrate I would go with a recycled paper cat litter. This is easy to clean as you just throw the contents out and replace it with the new. If a snake does swallow the paper cat litter it will pass through without causing problems as it does with wood shavings, sawdust, sand etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back