Beginner help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spookynoodle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm new to owning reptiles & am expecting to get a Bearded Dragon around Christmas time!
I was just wondering if anyone could reccomend some other relatively easy to care for & docile species of snakes and lizards? I've been wanting to own reptiles for a long time and love doing research months before actually getting an animal!

I'm getting my first animal around Christmas well. I don't know much about lizards but Stimson, Spotted and Children pythons make fantastic beginner snakes

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anyone could reccomend some other relatively easy to care for & docile species of snakes and lizards?

Whatever you are passionate about. Don't waste time looking for an easy species as every animal can be different/difficult. Some of the most troublesome animals I have been involved with have been Children's & Spotted's

Get what you are interested in! As Paul advised, just because a species is known to be 'easy to care for' all animals can and do have issues. You are much better off researching something you are passionate about and learning everything you can about its care and husbandry needs. That way it'll be just as 'easy' to care for!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back