• Check out the new Feedback and suggestions forum. This adds the ability to add ideas for the site and upvote/downvote them. It would be great to hear from you all in how we can boost site activity and who would like to assist with some exciting ideas from Rob and I.

Beginner snakes for a 137 cm high, 60 cm long, and 57 cm wide enclosure?

AlbinoSwissSnake

I’m looking for snakes for the enclosure diameters stated above. I’ve been thinking about carpets? But my budget isn’t very big either.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
APS Veteran
Trusted Seller
I wouldn't keep any snake in that enclosure, let alone recommend a beginner use it. It's more difficult to get the temperatures right in a tall, narrow enclosure, and not many snakes are suited to an enclosure of those dimensions.

Herptology

Donator
Donator
Trusted Seller
If its wooden, you could turn it on its side and do some DIY work -- then itll be suitable for pretty much every Carpet python

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
APS Veteran
Trusted Seller
Ok thanks

What reptile would go well in there do you think?

Choose what you want then work out how to keep it correctly. Doing it backwards makes no sense. Why keep something you don't really want just because you happen to have a cage?

reptilesforlife

Not so new Member
If you are planning to keep a reptile in that enclosure, make sure you thoroughly research their care needs and requirements and make sure your lifestyle can meet those needs, opposed to just finding a reptile that will fit in there

Chills

Do you have a photo of the enclosure for us? Some on here might have some advice on modifying it to house a snake.
Otherwise possibly geckos or even a bearded dragon could work if its set up well