Best breed to keep in outdoor enclosure in syd

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkir7979

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, whats the best breed of python/ snake to keep in an outdoor enclousre in sydney? thanks!!!

Anything local. If its found naturally in the area it should do well in a suitable outdoor enclosure.

Definitely a Diamond python, but research DPS (Diamond Python Syndrome) before you get one or set up the enclosure. Ive read way to many articles and threads of people dealing with it, even in out door enclosures in Sydney where you'd think there wouldn't be a problem. Great snakes though, good luck with the project, Post pics!

Hamish

Definitely a Diamond python, but research DPS (Diamond Python Syndrome) before you get one or set up the enclosure. Ive read way to many articles and threads of people dealing with it, even in out door enclosures in Sydney where you'd think there wouldn't be a problem. Great snakes though, good luck with the project, Post pics!

Hamish

Agreed,
Diamonds are really the only Python you can keep in Sydney, especially in winter when it gets quite cold.
Good luck :)

Thanks Everyone!!!, my already converted cubby house to a chook coop and now to a Diamond python enclosure!!! I think i will still put in a nice basking lamp for the snake as the coop doesnt get a steady amount of sun throughout the day. I will post pictures when i complete it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back