Best first snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khai Hoey

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I would really like to get a snake and I can’t get anything very large, or aggressive. It would be my first snake. Any tips?

Hi, I'm new here. I would really like to get a snake and I can’t get anything very large, or aggressive. It would be my first snake. Any tips?

If you want something smaller, the obvious choice is any of the Antaresia. Stimson's, Children's and Spotteds are all very similar in terms of care and behaviour, the only significant difference is colour and pattern, with the exception of the blonde Spotteds which are slightly larger (still quite small) and are particularly easy to feed. Basically from there it's a matter of choosing the paint job you like most. If you want something a little larger without it being a large snake, Womas are worth a look, but Antaresia are the obvious choice to go for if you're not wanting a large snake. Of course, if you end up enjoying your smaller python and wanting something larger, you can always get a second (or third, fourth, fifth... most people end up with a few and some of us end up loving them so much we end up with dozens or hundreds of snakes).

If you want something smaller, the obvious choice is any of the Antaresia. Stimson's, Children's and Spotteds are all very similar in terms of care and behaviour, the only significant difference is colour and pattern, with the exception of the blonde Spotteds which are slightly larger (still quite small) and are particularly easy to feed. Basically from there it's a matter of choosing the paint job you like most. If you want something a little larger without it being a large snake, Womas are worth a look, but Antaresia are the obvious choice to go for if you're not wanting a large snake. Of course, if you end up enjoying your smaller python and wanting something larger, you can always get a second (or third, fourth, fifth... most people end up with a few and some of us end up loving them so much we end up with dozens or hundreds of snakes).
Thankyou

Latest posts

Back