Best on the market

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekiel86

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone..
As most on here we have use 4million diff globes,wires,thermos and the list goes on!

But serious what works well..?? :shock:

looking at starting somthing here with acc that people are using that is worth posting...
pics and brands yes please and where and prices is even better :D

The tanks I bought from reptile city are great love everything about them but having issues with the wiring..where the heat light screws into the holder its getting to hot and melting the wires in the holder and getting shorts..
Been talking to the guys at reptile city and they said its just one of them things heating the bigger custom tanks...they have to change theirs...but when they are all mounted on the wall from side to side it gets real old taking them room apart and rewiring tanks..then get it all back to how it was..and the tank in the middle of the room does it..oh god start again

I have not got little vent holes and spacers to help but still not winning..

Now having a connection problem in the 1 of the GTP tanks because the holder you screw the light into sucks...all the other work this one does not get 100% connection all the time..so I would like to change the holders over if anyone knows the best of the best or somthing that will help me out! I miss being a happy herper haha It is really driving me nuts all the money I have spent and damnn
when u blow globe after globe and they are 60 bucks its starts to really make me :evil:
ha

Thanks a million
Zeke

Do I look into heat pannels ?

"love everything about them but having issues with the wiring..where the heat light screws into the holder its getting to hot and melting the wires in the holder and getting shorts.."

• Are you refering to your light or heat source?
  • Are your light fittings plastic or ceramic?
"The tanks I bought from reptile city are great love everything about them but having issues with the wiring..where the heat light screws into the holder its getting to hot and melting the wires in the holder and getting shorts..

Been talking to the guys at reptile city and they said its just one of them things heating the bigger custom tanks...they have to change theirs..."

• I certainly don't think this just one of those things, I would seriously consult an electrician "Shorts" can start fires and KILL people and scally friends.
If you are blowing globe after globe, this is reason to be alarmed the enclosure has not been wired correctly,

Take it back tell them to fix it

^^^ i agree with Ricard, if you pay for quality product or anything with electrical wiring for that matter it should work properly not just for the money side of it but the SAFETY side aswell. when you bought it did you get told "oh btw you might have problems but you know its just one of those things". ask them to fix it or get someone else to then you will save your money and have peace of mind knowing you and your reptiles are safe.

Thanks guys...
Its now blowing globe after globe as in when i screw it in and then bang ..its take a month or so..its to do with heat rising up from the ceramic globe and heating up the ceramic holder..and the wires going into the ceramic holder and melting..

The GTP tank problem is easy...I have to change ceramic holders but dont wont to use the same one again...
So do you guys know a really good ceramic holder for heatlights?

so atm every month or so I have to rewire from the thermo to the ceramic holder for heat light coz its melting the connection point as i said up top..I have use spacers and now have lil vents but still melting..
The tank temps are not to hot or anything like that..I just cant work out how to fix it..reptile city said thats what they have to do with all there tanks..
happy to take pics to show what i mean... :)

What heat globes are you using..what kind of life..and money?

what area are you in? i get my stuff from extreme pets and usually reptile one products, although in saying that i only have 1 enclosure but i use a ceramic holder and a 100w reptile one red heat globe i just put it in myself about 1 month ago have had no probs yet, no signs of overheating or melting and no blown globe.

they tell you "thats what they have to do with all their tanks" but think about it...do you really think they would be spending so much money replacing everything all the time especially if they have a lot of them...IMO something seems suspicious and they don't want to fix it. just saying.

I got rid of all my globes and went with habitsat heat panels from herp trader, I have been using panels now for 2 years without one problem.

What are the heat panels like in using with terrestrial snakes. Ie. Womas and bhps.

im a huge fan of heat panels, so far ive only tried teh habistat ones. i had a 4 year old one blow a few weeks ago, cant be bothered with the warranty (is there a warranty, guess i could keep it as a spare if there is?) so im gonna order a few of the proherp ones next.

I got rid of all my globes and went with habitsat heat panels from herp trader, I have been using panels now for 2 years without one problem.

how many watt are you using and for what size tank ruff...how much for each unit? I would need like a few..

How does the wiring go thur the tank...out the top or out the back from the panels? so no heat issue?

squinty, heat panels dont throw heat very far, but if you have aboreal snakes as well, a heat panel at the top of their enclosure heats teh bottom of whatever u stack on that, i have my geckos sitting on the jungle enclsoures and they get heated by what would otherwise go to waste.

I am using heat mats and tubs at the moment but since I have moved and now have my herp room to set up I want to get enclosures. After seeing a few threads on here I am worried about using the heat mats how I intended to use them sandwiched between the enclosures. Are the panels safe to mount at floor level?? Can the animals burn on them??

Edit: wokka answered my question.

What is the power consumption compared to heat mats??

I gree with Holden man. I think they are feed you *****. They would not be spend hundreds of dollars in globes per week and if they are they won't be there long( Broke).

You need to take that thing back to them with all the globes they sold you and tell them. If they don't repair or replace or refund your Money you will have an electrician make a report on the enclosure wiring and you will file a copy with the office of fair trading for the supply of faulty goods.

Electical work now comes under Australian standards. and this enclosure sounds very much like a "Jerrybuilt" item.

Better yet were you supplied a certificate of electrical compliance for the enclosure?
if not ask for one and make them supply one.

don't take the ***** lying down

Good luck Zeke

so whats the best panel on the market? life and cost?
anyone using any good ceramic holders ?

how many watt are you using and for what size tank ruff...how much for each unit? I would need like a few..

How does the wiring go thur the tank...out the top or out the back from the panels? so no heat issue?

Hey mate i use 75watt panels they are $140 each, the wiring comes out the side of the panel. I only use panels for peice of mind as they are meant to have a good life span.
I have used them with womas, the panels were mounted under a shelf 300mm from the floor.

Hey mate i use 75watt panels they are $140 each, the wiring comes out the side of the panel. I only use panels for peice of mind as they are meant to have a good life span.
I have used them with womas, the panels were mounted under a shelf 300mm from the floor.

so your only using them for womas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back