Best thermostats?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
looking for new thermostats for some new snakes I’ll be getting late next week, they’ll be in 6ft enclosures with heatcords under tiles..

What would be the best thermostat to control these

Currently looking at microclimate, habistat or some of those cheap 15$ ones which people say last 2months or 2 years..

Not really a fan of my ecotech advanced thermostat as I’m only using the heating part of it so the lighting side is a waste

Please post links to products you recommend :) looking at $150 max each (so 300 total)

I've been using the Microclimate Evo Lite in my enclosure, so far it's been great and is rather easy to use, the only problem with it is it uses UK plugs so you need a couple of adapters.

That being said it using the UK plugs is a bonus in a way because they have their own fuse built in, so if there is a surge that should blow before the thermostat.

They have a pulse proportional, dimming and on off setting, the ability to look back at the temperatures the past 24 hours to see variations, and you can set up to 4 channels so you can have different temps at different times of the day if you like.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Microcl...hash=item58e42b5bf0:m:md4Ar3dpCR5IBVq81VugzLw

Cant go wrong with habistat mate . If just running cord u could easy just use the on/off style , bout 80bucks . Paired with timer from bunnings .

Cant go wrong with habistat mate . If just running cord u could easy just use the on/off style , bout 80bucks . Paired with timer from bunnings .
Thanks, is there anyway to run multiple setups that are exactly the same (same heat cord in same spot on same type of tile) on 1 thermostat?

run a power board or double adaptor off the thermo. My son has a 5 bay with blue tongues like that with the sensor in the middle one.
Probably better using a power board as it will have a surge guard
What kind of thermostat?

habistat
[doublepost=1546234771,1546234026][/doublepost]View attachment 325970
That looks very daunting..
But hopefully I won’t need any lighting

Is the UV powerboard connected just to the wall, and the heating one is connected to the thermostat, which is connected to the wall ( timer)? /// Edit: never mind, UV is on timer, thermostat is just to the wall yes?

what kind of habistat is that?

yes,UV is on timer and Heat is through thermo. I rewired it all to make the cables shorter but haven't rewired the thermo yet.That is the next job, I hate cables hanging everywhere and try to custom fit every enclosure.
Not sure what model it is,but it's a pain in the ars3, alarm goes off all the time saying it's too hot. Going in the bin if it doesn't shut up and then back to timers everywhere.The only other thermo in the house is on the incubator.We have 30+ reptiles and everyone is on timers

yes,UV is on timer and Heat is through thermo. I rewired it all to make the cables shorter but haven't rewired the thermo yet.That is the next job, I hate cables hanging everywhere and try to custom fit every enclosure.
Not sure what model it is,but it's a pain in the ars3, alarm goes off all the time saying it's too hot. Going in the bin if it doesn't shut up and then back to timers everywhere.The only other thermo in the house is on the incubator.We have 30+ reptiles and everyone is on timers
I can understand the pain of messy wires.. especially behind the Tv unit!!
And the alarm sounds like a major annoyance.. I guess the good thing with mine and was I can set the alarm temps (-+5 From desired temps) and tell it to shut up and just blink on the screen haha..

https://www.amazingamazon.com.au/habistat-thermostats-classic.html - currently looking at this, but may get the One with a screen.. although I’ve heard they can die and be essentially useless without the screen. Have you had any problems?
[doublepost=1546238067,1546237933][/doublepost]
+1 for timers, I have about 3 dozen of them and only 3 thermostats and those 3 are on incubators. ;)
I’m going to be testing the empty new tanks before I get any thermostat, as I don’t plan on heating them during summer to see what kind of temps they get to idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back