Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadmoler

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just brought home my Jungle Python, and I opened to portable container and I was going to swtich him to his enclosure so he could get used to it. But hes a bit scarred and has colied up and is just following my hand waiting to strike.

Any advice on how I should handle him? Ive put a towel over the container at the moment to try and calm him down...if he stays coiled whats the best way to pick him up?

Thanks for any help.

just cover him with your flat hand ..... and be prepared to bleed :D

So the only advice is to just put my hand in and wait for the hit? Im hopeing he wont got nuts and strike more then once....im going to do it soon so if you have any ideas let me know please :lol:

Dont have your hand or arm in the path of its strike :lol:

why not make a little snake hook from a coat hanger and use that to move your snake, you run the risk of having the snake loose teeth/damage its mouth if you take a "macho" attitude of just let it bite as offered by some people as advice:rolleyes:

I met a bikey at Tamworth once who had a coastal carpet on the bar of the Loco Hotel, he said when he caught it, it was crazy, so he kept it down the front of his shirt untill it got bored of biting his stomach. He was very big, so I just said "ok" and left it at that.

Ill try the coat hanger idea..thanks mate...Cant even go near him without him following my hand...hope this mofo calms down :shock:

lol. You might have just as much fun getting him OFF the hook as you would have getting it out of the container you have it in.

Good luck.

I met a bikey at Tamworth once who had a coastal carpet on the bar of the Loco Hotel, he said when he caught it, it was crazy, so he kept it down the front of his shirt untill it got bored of biting his stomach. He was very big, so I just said "ok" and left it at that.

HAHA thats great :lol:

Ok hes in the enclosure now..was abit scary but its done. I used a coat hanger and once i unsettled him he started pacing around the edge of the container and eventully started heading to get out so I picked up the container and put it infront of the enclosure...guided him with the coat hanger and hes gone inside and hidden in a vine.

Would have like to have handled him but once he started to make a effort to get out I just didnt want him getting on the floor and loose.

Cant wait to try and get him out of the vines :eek:

yea well jungles can be a bit snappy lol my yearling tagged me last nite, it was my own fault he must of smelt the rats thawing so he was hungry, but i think i hurt my pride more than he hurt me lol

Yeah mines only a yearling but Im still not to keen on getting tagged :lol:

Has your guy settled down since you have owned him?

Stick your hand in and take it, I've had my snakes for 18nths and have not been tagged yet. I think they are waiting until they can inflict some real damage. I want to get it out of the way but they dont strick even after I have handeled rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back