Beware of Herp Books

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 weeks since I ordered and paid for a book from Herp Books and I haven’t heard from them. Since my last thread, I’ve done a bit of research and it seems that I’m not the only customer with similar problems.
Their phone is disconnected and I get no replies to my emails or Facebook posts.
I’ll now try to file a dispute with them through PayPal. Has anyone done this before and knows how it works?

Last edited:
I have filed a dispute before. It's a relatively simple process.

You start a dispute.

They paypal contacts them and gives them x days to respond.

If they fail to respond in that time frame - you'll get a refund on your money.

If they do respond during that time, then communication occurs between you and them to get it resolved. If unresolvable paypal considers both sides and comes to a decision themselves.

From previous experience, I'd say if they're not responding to you - then they probably won't respond to paypal meaning that after a short wait you should get a refund.

One possibility is that something tragic has happened there end (loss of family member or even the shop operator) - phones are cancelled but no one knows how to (or may not even know of it's existence) of what to do with webpages with online carts, etc as these accounts could be yearly accounts unlike phone accounts - meaning that orders get automatically processed without any flowthrough the other end. If this is the case, you'll get your money back without any issues I'd say. No idea if this is the case - just giving a possible explanation.

I had no issue buying the complete carpet python via herpshop and it arrived 4 days later !

I emailed an order for some heat cord and didn't hear back. I have ordered from them in the past though without any trouble.

I have filed a dispute before. It's a relatively simple process.

You start a dispute.

They paypal contacts them and gives them x days to respond.

If they fail to respond in that time frame - you'll get a refund on your money.

If they do respond during that time, then communication occurs between you and them to get it resolved. If unresolvable paypal considers both sides and comes to a decision themselves.

From previous experience, I'd say if they're not responding to you - then they probably won't respond to paypal meaning that after a short wait you should get a refund.

One possibility is that something tragic has happened there end (loss of family member or even the shop operator) - phones are cancelled but no one knows how to (or may not even know of it's existence) of what to do with webpages with online carts, etc as these accounts could be yearly accounts unlike phone accounts - meaning that orders get automatically processed without any flowthrough the other end. If this is the case, you'll get your money back without any issues I'd say. No idea if this is the case - just giving a possible explanation.

Thanks Adam, sounds like it is pretty straightforward.

I have edited my first post. Should be Herp Books, not Herp Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back