BHP Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if I'm better off selling my BHP and buying a breeding pair of wait for one to come around to breed mine with??

How old is your BHP , has it got any special colours or markings (morph) and what quality is your one?

I have heard of a lot of people saying I wish I never sold this one or that one for such and such reasons.
Is there any other reasons that your selling? Is there any marking or colours you might like to work with on that snake in future breeding projects?
At the end the day its up to you.

wait for one to come round, they are popping up all the time.

no its just a normal qld bhp no special markings and the only reason i would sell it is to buy a breeding pair.
he is 3 years and 6ft long

He is big enough to do the deed.
All he needs is a female of the appropriate size and the right conditions over winter.
Is he definately a he?

Yes he is I bought him when he was 1 years old and they sexed him but I cannot kept him and a breeding pair there isn't enough room :(

Can you keep another female for him to play with in winter?

I would say if you are interested in breeding then breed with some really nice animals as there are plenty of standard looking animals around. Also if you are that limited on room do you have the room for the hatchlings and yearlings if they do not sell?

Q: How do you turn 2 BHPs into 1?

A: House them together to save space.

if you don't have the room don't breed big snakes. easy. sell him and buy a smaller python pair and a hatchling/yearling rack. you seem to not care what you are breeding as long as you get to breed something... you need to do more research, bhp's need big long enclosures when adults as they grow huge and the female should around 4years 4kilos some people breed at a smaller size. also bhp babies are much bigger then others and will need bigger hatchling tubs size of yearling tubs.

oh and they will eat each other if given the chance, feed day triggers this. too much hassle keeping them together.

i know this but some for some people have done this and it has works
but only if they are the same size

- - - Updated - - -

and he is in a 8ft tank at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

If it is in an 8 foot enclosure at the moment why can't you place another 8 foot enclosure on top of it for the other snake?

- - - Updated - - -

Who has housed bhp successfully together???
Name them or is this just made up for you to justify your own position. You have been told what will happen. I would not trust a hungry bhp with a snake twice it's size.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't do it. Would you like me to pop you in a room with cannibals? See how lucky you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back