Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have not had anything to do with BHP's and have previously only seen juveniles. Well I saw an adult the other day and was very surprised at how big it was.....it was a lot longer and thicker than i imagined they would be. I thought to myself "that is actually a big snake".

I know a lot of people keep them on this site so i would be interested just how big they get...length or weight.

Look forward to any replies/pics.

Mine is a bit over 6ft and last time I weighed him (a few months ago) he was 2.6kg. He is 3 and a half yo, and from others I have seen he still has plenty of growing to do!

Check out dens website and you will get an idea how big they can get. Just check out the link to housing and look at the girth of the white girl. Beautiful snakes!

Check out dens website and you will get an idea how big they can get. Just check out the link to housing and look at the girth of the white girl. Beautiful snakes!

Pardon my ignorance but who is Den ? .. .. ..

Dens python new APS sponser just go down to sponsors and click on a Dens pythons to easy

Sorry i didn't think to check the sponsors list, thanks for the replies, maybe i should go to the bank and arrange a loan before i go and check him out :)

the longest one i have personally measured was a wild one 2.65 meters.unfortunatly it was just hit by a car on the Turkey Beach Road. i was in the work ute and didn't have a camera but i had a tape measure. it was that old that its stripes were almost completely faded.it almost looked like an olive python with a black head.
there should be some captive bred BHP's that should top that length though, but a 2.65meter blackhead is huge once you see one in the flesh.
cheers
simon

Sorry i didn't think to check the sponsors list, thanks for the replies, maybe i should go to the bank and arrange a loan before i go and check him out :)

you may want to put that loan off for a while ( lol ) coz i hear there is quite a waiting list for some of his beauties ( once you see them you will understand )

Im sorry to say im not seperate my bhps know one here know what go in ppl homes
there fine.. We dont fed them in same enclosure..they have not hurt each..

We'll take your word for it. But don't make us see a thread one day stating how one ate the other! They are very well known for their cannibalism in the wild.

yes im where of that..what they can do..that risk i take.but in wild they got search for there food .. if cant find food they get what next best thing to live..pet reptiles get feed they dont need to find food..us silly bust fed them..lol??

Wow den has some seriously good looking BHPs. Maybe i need to convince myself i need a partner for my girl lol.

Thanks guys, saw dens site too....they get a lot bigger than I thought. I have decided i want one!..........or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back