BHP Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloomster

Reaction score
Hello all.

Have anyone who keeps bhp's had females bask on their side/upside down, whilst they were not gravid??
I have a Female, approx 2.3m long. who i have caught today bottom third upside down middle third on the side, and head third normal.
Question i ask this is that she does not look gravid at all.
Photo's not possible at this time, as soon as i got my camera, i had disturbed her to much, i will try to get photos soon.

My female does it ALL the time, she is not as big as yours(mabey 6.5-7ft) but she does do that none the less.
Have you had a male in with her at all?

My BLOKE does that!

His new trick is wedging.

He gets up between the front glass and a ridge that denies him access to the lid and expands himself horizontally. Then travels full length and drops out.

DSC_0008.jpg

Last edited:
Yes very common/normal. Sometimes they even have the body normal but the head completely upside down..... Now that makes the hart almost stop when you first see that!!!!
T

Hello all.

Have anyone who keeps bhp's had females bask on their side/upside down, whilst they were not gravid??

Yes, it is VERY common for females and males to lay upside down....outside of "season". Most of mine sleep on their sides or completely upside down....every night. Haha.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back