Big Area to work with for Scrubby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls ,

Pretty much decided in the next few weeks to start building an indoor enclosure for our scrub python,
The area to work with is about 2 m in length, 1.2m in width and at the highest point about 1.5m.

The plan is to turn the section into a closed of enclosure zoo style. Go all out with grout and waterfall/water basin.

The main concern is the door, because of the shape of the area it would be difficult to make a sliding door/glass. And this is where the trouble comes along, hence why i am making this thread, If anyone has any suggestions please feel free.

Pics of area below and video of what i would like to turn the enclosure into.
IMAG0222.jpg
IMAG0223.jpg
Burmese Python enclosure - YouTube

You could have a swinging door the length of the flat part along the top edge. But you'd have to be careful opening the door, I've heard scrubbies are pretty aggressive and territorial.

make the triangular part (left side of the stairs) just glass and on the right a glass swinging door like sarahscales said goodluck :)

I love how your utilising unused space!!! i think the only thing you need to consider is if your going to remove the scrubby when doing an enclosure clean or if your going to be using a shield?.... scubbies latch onto cage furnishing pretty good. :)

Get the door made in a frame by a shower screen company but explain the purpose. Surprisingly cost effective, strong and lays well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back