Big black cats ( panther) Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG ha! The missing link found, crocoduck ftw!

I've seen the crocoduck thing. Sad thing is some people believe it :?

It's funny when people who don't understand evolution try to disprove it using stupid things like that :D

Last edited:
I've seen some pretty big feral cats. Genetically it wouldn't take too long before they were larger than your average moggy.

I love the stories re: panthers, and I'm certainly not going to be one to quickly dismiss those sightings etc as mere cases of mistaken identity. Surely though footprints of such cats would be pretty common. A body in the last 20-30yrs would have been nice also.

Still, call it "romantic hope" but I'm still holding out for Thylacines :D

going out to mitta mitta next week hunting in the state forest there has been alot of sightings of black cats there. with full scent lock camo lol stealth mode seen but not smelt with vid cam and maybe trail cam would be good??? maybe get some proof of what they are feral or exotic...

What a waste of money.

Yep. Our governments are cutting costs, ****-canning jobs and acting like all-round penny-pinching misers... bugger the poor government workers who'll be singing for their supper come Christmas time, but they're happy to throw a few hundred thousand dollars at some half-baked expedition to try and find some mythical moggy!

there is a panther in appin somewere i know a chicken farmer who swears he has seen it, and a few people claim they have seen its at night on appin rd and further down towards wollongong in the bush.

there is a panther in appin somewere i know a chicken farmer who swears he has seen it, and a few people claim they have seen its at night on appin rd and further down towards wollongong in the bush.

there are few better places to support my swamp wallaby hypothesis than this region. my cumulative time spent walking in this area alone would, i'm guessing, be greater than the whole time many of you have ever been in the bush. I can't be bothered posting on this ridiculous subject any more. shall we discuss ufo's or yowies next?

why every time there is a big cat sighting here in australia the picture is always blurry.

I used to have a 12 kg cat, he was lean 12 kgs and has past my knee hight at his shoulder . I found him as a feral kitten in a junk pile in the back of a WW2 hangar near Tocumwall nsw.
He ate snail killer and died a few years ago (rip Ben):(

They are large ferals. My whole family have are farmers and hunters all in nsw and we have almost all had at least one encounter with ferals the size of dogs. They are not just big they are very strong and aggressive, I have seen one kill a hunting dog.
We used to have one that would break through our flyscreen windows and come in our house at night, she would terrorise our house cats and if you turned on the lights and spooked her it would literally destroy the house... we eventually tamed her but she was really aggressive to other pets and would poo everywhere so we decided one day to take her for a "ride" (we couldnt kill her) she was so big we couldnt get her in a carrier we had to put her in the boot, we drove her over 30ks away to the town dump (plenty of food there) and popped the boot.......over night she walked back to our place, we had to put her down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back