Big breeders/dealers!!! the gauntlet is down for you too donate reptiles!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmclean

I am throwing the Gauntlet down once again!

This time aimed at large breeders/dealers to donate reptiles to the Kyabram Nature Park.

We have had some lovely gestures from people with small collections, and concerned people in regard to the theft at Kyabram Nature Park. All willing to help and show they care!

Let's hear from the large breeders. You must have something that you would like to donate?
Money isn't everything.

Whats sort of reptiles are needed ?? I have some Oedura monilis that you are welcome to if they are of use. They are only juveniles but will be adequate dsiplay size within 6 months.

Thanks Dan, that is lovely of you too be willing to donate. A lovely gesture.
Here is Ron's number at the park.
If you can give him a call to discuss your donation, I am sure he would be happy to have them.

His number at the park is:
03 - 5852 2883
Ask for Ron, and tell him the Sonnemann's sent you!
If you cannot contact him there today, I can give you his home number.

cmclean, What I think you are doing is a great gesture but (imo) if the thieves did it once and got away so easily whats stopping them doing it again, people may be hesitant to donate knowing their animals may be stolen from the park, is Ron installing cameras or anything, a simple motion security system isnt that exspensive, exspecially compared to the amount of money the reptiles are worth, just my two cents.

cmclean, What I think you are doing is a great gesture but (imo) if the thieves did it once and got away so easily whats stopping them doing it again, people may be hesitant to donate knowing their animals may be stolen from the park, is Ron installing cameras or anything, a simple motion security system isnt that exspensive, exspecially compared to the amount of money the reptiles are worth, just my two cents.
No offence and none intended Scorps, but a similar post was posted in another thread, and I really dont think that it is an issue. I am sure Ron has upgraded his security, and the likes, but it is the same as if your house burns down, you get the insurance, and then do you build again, or dont you, with the fear off it happening again!
Both scenarios are very real, but you have to get back on the horse and ride it or you are the loser, in not getting your dream back on the road again.
Dave

Phatt: I was unaware another thread is going? (why make a new one???)

I am not saying I dont feel sorry for Ron, and if this tradgety happened in a few monts once I ave hatchlings I would be the first to donate, I was just wondering what security Ron has put up after those low lifes stoll his snakes,

Scorps

This second thread was started to try and get those that have excess stock to donate to the Park.
The first thread was asking for assistance and to let people know that it happened and that we were happy to help by donating animals. It seems that only small breeders, and normal herps were interested in helping or caring.

Sometimes you just have too put your hand up and ask others to come to the party..

And thanks Dave (Phatt01), your comments were excellent ones and very true.
Just because it happens once (theft) doesn't mean you have to fall in a heap.. You do indeed get back on the horse.. and try again.
We know this first hand as we were robbed several years ago.. You become aware and take measures to ensure that it doesn't happen again. This is what Ron is doing now.

Scorps, he is taking measures to ensure that security is stepped up..

Oh Im not saying dont get up and try again, deffiantly agree if you fall off the horse get straight back on it, but Im also a follower or fool me once your fault fool me twice my fault, hence why i was asking if he is upping security

hey hey

im sure after this season i will have some woma's and bredli and maybe a jungle or 2 spare, now hopefully my memory serves me well, maybe give this thread a boost around hatchling time for better results

cheerz

Great idea Cathy, Neil and yourself are doing great work up there.

The only thing I have here atm is a yearling female Carpet Python (pic below).
Ive emailed Ron some photos of her, If he wants her, she is his.
Cheerrs Andy.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 107
That is lovely Andy.. so glad you have emailed Ron.

Walpole, that is a very good gesture.
I am sure Ron is now thinking very good thoughts and realises that people are willing to give a hand when it is most needed.

Thankyou all who are helping or willing to assist.
As I said in the last post, good karma will come to you ten fold.

Thankyou too all that have assisted and cared about other reptile keepers that are in need.

Ron has had some good responses, and I am sure this has been very re-assuring that there are people out there with good ethics and morals.
Take care all

Cathy and Neil Sonnemann

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back