Big Cats,thylacines And Yowies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rednut, if I'm thinking of the same video as you then it was shot in the Blue Mountains, across a paddock. The "panther" was standing next to a tree.

Kane

I would love to think that the Tassie Tiger is still out there somewhere!
Humans really have a lot to answer for!

Well say if there was a small population of tassie tigers left somewhere, wouldn't there be problems with this population anyway due to inbreeding etc? o_O

Well say if there was a small population of tassie tigers left somewhere, wouldn't there be problems with this population anyway due to inbreeding etc? o_O

Yeah, they are definatly 'functionally extinct', but there may still be a few individuals knocking around the bush somewhere. There was actually a bloke up near darwin who used to swear he had tassie tigers living under his back balcony, that he used to feed them. I think he's been hittin' the wacky tobaccy. Either that or someone painted stripes on a greyhound an let it free :lol:

And yeah, I think that was the video.

Thats pretty sweet. You see some amazing musculature on the ferals around the head and shoulders after a few generations, but the entire body getting so huge is amazing. Would love to see a photo of that sucker.

my family was in a town outside melbourne near kinglake and my brother had gone for a walk in the bush by himself, he returned convinced that he had seen a tassie tiger.
it is a nice thought that there may still be some out there, but i would be genuinely supprised if it is ever proven to be the case.

panther sightings have been reported in blue mountains area
lions aswel
the story goes that they are all decendant from animals released into the wild after old circuses went bankrupt years ago
Supposedly a family of big cats living round appin way and used to poach chickens from the farm.

Supposedly they actually killed one too, was in the local paper a while back.

Wouldnt happen to have a spare copy of that mag sitting around chris? :)

Thats 1 big puddy cat moreliaman, deffinitely aint no feral cat.

The "thing" in [video=youtube;RDlzXfZ9JDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDlzXfZ9JDU[/video] posted up there ^^ looks alot like the tassie tiger on the stamp on this page http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/irwin-2-07/ also posted up there.

The thing in the video didnt look like anything ive seen before untill i saw the stamp, unfortunately the footage is from 94 so the animal could be long gone.

Wouldnt happen to have a spare copy of that mag sitting around chris? :)

nah, but i will download a driver for my scanner. These cats definately arnt bulletproof, there is hardly any of its head still attached :shock:

nah, but i will download a driver for my scanner. These cats definately arnt bulletproof, there is hardly any of its head still attached :shock:

Cool, thanks. Bulletproof cats, that'd be a boring world. :|

[video=youtube;rUM4B2B3SC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUM4B2B3SC4[/video]

that dosn't run like a dog or a cat, funny nobody ever gets good, clear and steady video footage of these supposedly extinct/mythological animals ;)

Well thylacines kinda bounced on their back legs from studies done on them when they were in zoos, also there tails were alot like a kangaroos. Looks the part in the video :p

Stupid amateur video footage lol

Nah the Tassie Tiger is still around, they aren't stupid & know to keep away I reacon. I saw one about 20 yrs ago up around Mole Creek & Chudleigh area in Tasmania. They are still there, just in small numbers & keeping away.

my brother and uncle swear on their lives that they saw a puma in the blue mountains. It moved to fast to get a photo of it though. It was drinking some wate when they noticed it and once the camera was set up it looked at them and took off. I think it's possible, just like I think it's possibly for the tas tigers to be living where Herpie's dad says so. As for all the 'scientists' that have searched for them over the years, have they actually searched on the mainland for these guys?
well if they search for them the way fisheries count the numbers of scallops in an area its no wonder why they havent found one:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back