Big red

Discussion in 'General Reptile Discussion' started by mikilevings, Jun 17, 2019.

1. mikilevings

mikilevings New Member

Ive recently aquired a 12 year old 8ft centrilian carpet python named big red, along with 5 other pythons, i got a 4 bay tank with the purchase that the reptiles were housed in. The largest bay is big reds its 4ft by 2ft by 2ft. Looking at it the bay looks too small for her, i was wondering if anyone has any advice on weather or not i should get her a new enclosure. Pictures of your set ups for your larger reptiles would be welcomed

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Sdaji

Sdaji Almost Legendary

4 x 2 x 2 is definitely big enough, but if you want to build something larger, go for it :)

Herptology likes this.
  3. dragonlover1

dragonlover1 Subscriber Subscriber

our 8' coastal is in a 4x2x4 and the diamond will be getting one soon

4. mikilevings

mikilevings New Member

Thanks guys, i just wanted to check, shes the first python ive had over 4ft. Apart from the mite issues she seems to be doing well and im midway through treating that

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Herptology

Herptology Well-Known Member

Just wondering if she has anything to climb on? For example I have a beam of wood going across the middle of my 4x2 enclosure and she likes to use it every now and then :)

Just food for thought, whilst it won’t increase the size, it’ll increase the the amount of space she has to manoeuvre. Instead of being on ground level 24-7 she will have a chance to feel elevated.

6. Wokka

Wokka Well-Known Member APS Veteran

You can join two cages if you have surplus, either next to each other or above one another.If you put a door on the connection point you can go back to 2 seperate cages if you want.

Herptology likes this.