Big salty in brisbane??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seanjbkorbett

Reaction score
Been watching the news..they flashed a photo of a BIG saltwater croc..saying this was taken in brisbane..due to floods.....ummm can anybody back this up? ..or is it just media hype (a photo taken from more up North)... if it is true..this would indicate this Saltwater has been living around the Brisbane area until it was washed into Brisbane from the floods...hmmm?? what do you guys think?

Sounds unlikely, but who knows?? Are there any reserves close-by that could have been flooded out?? Does Lone Pine keep crocs?? They are right on the river aren't they??

There's barra all through most of our rivers down here now don't see why a croc Mayb an escapee would not survive. More than likely a g up but from someone keen for a joke

The Bullies aren't a drama, there's tons of them in all the rivers and they very rarely give people a nip.

news just reported that the photo wasn't in Brisbane and may or may not have been a photo-shopped pic that someone thought would be funny to send to them

screw the crocs, i wouldn't go in that water ankle deep!! water snakes, debris from barges and yachets god, even electricity in one area where the water reached the power lines before the power could be shut off!!

they said on the news they mightthink it was taken up north

screw the crocs, i wouldn't go in that water ankle deep!! water snakes, debris from barges and yachets god, even electricity in one area where the water reached the power lines before the power could be shut off!!

Hmm what water snakes are around brisbane?

the bull sharks dont usually bother people but are known to take dogs of the rivers edge

i was just watching a new's break (not usually watching free to air tv) and they were interviewing a spokeman for the electricity company there and he said they had disconnected 95,000 people and some of their customers had asked why they were disconnecting the electricity

he said 'some of our products dont go well with water' surely people arent THAT stupid?

keelbacks a having a ball in the new water covered parks... beware of the keelbacks...

You wouldnt walk in the water because of 'water snakes'?

Despite the floods, there's really no way for them to get washed down here.

Don't be too sure, a Saltie was shot in the Albert river about 100 years ago, and a Freshie was found at Windorah once too. The latter would be a victim of floods, while the former would be a very lost transient male.

Ha ha the reporter announced the pic as being from " Brisbane Park"
but the news reader kinda went Wot tha? and said she doubted the
authenticity of the pic.
Think someone just threw in a random to test the media.

Last edited:
I heard on the news yesterday that they saw one at Bundy, maybe they reported the wrong place? Either way they will head south eventually when it warms up.

Does anyone know where they sell those floating croc head things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back