Bike Suggestions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did write that to be a bit tongue in cheek... but had a glass of red inside me by then, so was probably a bit challenging... :)! I've been thinking that maybe the reason why Harley riders don't acknowledge riders of other machines is because they always have open face helmets, and maybe can't actually see very much, and the reason they wave to other Harley riders is because they can hear them coming from about 3km ahead...

Just kidding...

J
You might be right about the not seeing. It isn't a ride unless you come back with bugs in your face and eyes watering.

You might be right about the not seeing. It isn't a ride unless you come back with bugs in your face and eyes watering.

Hmmm, I've only had full-face helmets (riding since 1974, they've changed a bit since then...) and I once hit a pigeon when I was riding to Perth from Karratha. I can tell you I was very glad of the full-face then, and wouldn't consider an open face at any time now... Inhale a bee or a wasp and you're dead...

J

Hmmm, I've only had full-face helmets (riding since 1974, they've changed a bit since then...) and I once hit a pigeon when I was riding to Perth from Karratha. I can tell you I was very glad of the full-face then, and wouldn't consider an open face at any time now... Inhale a bee or a wasp and you're dead...

J
I always have a bandana and glasses on , I know that is no constellation when a pigeon comes along or you come off. I guess that is just one of many silly sacrifices us Harley riders make for "the look". I think eventually full face helmets and other safety gear will be compulsory for all bike riders.

I always have a bandana and glasses on , I know that is no constellation when a pigeon comes along or you come off. I guess that is just one of many silly sacrifices us Harley riders make for "the look". I think eventually full face helmets and other safety gear will be compulsory for all bike riders.

Yep, I guess a lot of it is about "the look." As a sportsbike person, an open face wouldn't fit "the look" criterion. I'm sure there's a lot of image and ego stuff going when choosing a bike and the stuff that goes with it :)!

Sorry for going way off track with your thread Daniel, not helpful at all considering your original question :(!

Jamie

Haha no worries. I got the best answers early on and I think I've made the decision (no offence to the most recent posters) so happy to let people chat away :p.

I ride a CBR125R so my comments would automatically be invalid :p

Haha I've just started riding, will be upgrading once I get through my P's test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back