Bite pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded

Attachments

• Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_MarshSnake_01.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_MarshSnake_01.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 158
  • Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_MarshSnake_02.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_MarshSnake_02.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_MarshSnake_03.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_MarshSnake_03.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 268
looks a tad painful there Fuscus ! what was the effects of the venom like ?

I had a similar reaction to the bite of a Dwyers Snake, my whole arm was swollen and i couldnt make a fist. It only lasted a few hours but the bite site was itchy for weeks.

looks painful, my bite wasnt as bad as that one, (as I stated in the other thread)

jase75, my mate was bitten by a dwyers snake on the way out to the warrumbungles as I found 2 under a sheet of tin at a rest area, I handed him the bitey one and I held the calm one so we could get them ready for photos. his bite wasnt to bad, just a little bit of swelling as I only just got him quickly and didnt chew.

Ryan

Thanks for posting them up, gives me a great insight of what the smaller elapids can and will do.

jase75, my mate was bitten by a dwyers snake on the way out to the warrumbungles

Ryan

There's an echo in here!!! LOL

Nasty looking bite chum........ not like I'd get within cooee of a ven, as much as I'm built for comfort, not speed, you wouldn't see me for dust!!!!!!!! LOL

Ouch, nice one, he nailed you. How long did it take for all the swelling to go down?

I swapped the biggest whip snake i had ever seen/caught (bit over a metre) for a marsh snake with a bloke at school about 18 years ago and he got bitten by the whippie in the same spot and his whole arm swelled to nearly the shoulder! :lol:

Looks pretty similar to what happened to a mate that got bitten by a black whip. Cheers for the pics.

Keeping vens isn't bad you just need to be VERY carefull.
Good pics by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back