Bizarre ackie behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffmylizard

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well a couple of weeks ago my ackie female started to display some odd behaviour. I got her and her partner as an established breeding pair 3 years old. She has always been very wary of me and sometimes quite flighty until a couple of weeks ago. I think I might have been moving her outside to get some sun when this time she didn't carry on like a smacked rat. She was quite settled. So I held her on me for a while and started to scratch her on the head and over her eyes. She seemed to enjoy this interaction and I didn't think to much of it at the time and chucked her in with the rest of the lizards outside basking in the portacot. So now she has become a big sook seeking me out every time I open the enclosure. She will sit on me for ages. If I stop scratching her head she bites me on the fingers. Once she has had a good scratch she will go to sleep on me for ages.
Now when I grab her out of the enclosure she plays bite the fingers before I pick her up. This behaviours seems to be very jovial on her part and she will seek me out when she is wandering around the longeroom with the rest of the lizards. Has anyone else experienced this type of behaviour before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back