Black garden crickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cracksinthepitch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After the rain we have had in melb recently there is an abundant supply of Black Garden Crickets outside.The issue is they are quite labour intensive to catch, so does anyone have a sure fire method or overnight traps that they use to harvest these beauties. My blueies and Bird Eating Spider love them. Cheers Cracks

After the rain we have had in melb recently there is an abundant supply of Black Garden Crickets outside.The issue is they are quite labour intensive to catch, so does anyone have a sure fire method or overnight traps that they use to harvest these beauties. My blueies and Bird Eating Spider love them. Cheers Cracks

Feeding them to your spider is fine, due to its venom.
I wouldnt feed them to your blue tounge though, as they can have worms.

if you have one of those small rechargable vacumms you could try sucking them up

That's what I was thinking of. but with MORE POWER!!!

If you could get ya hands on a petrol blower/vac, and make a bigger catcher bag, you could catch a bag full in no time..

That's what I was thinking of. but with MORE POWER!!!

If you could get ya hands on a petrol blower/vac, and make a bigger catcher bag, you could catch a bag full in no time..

The problem with that is whilst it is being vac'd up it goes through blades to get in the bag. Unless your looking for the minced cricket effect?

I like the vac idea, minced cricket mmmmm.
Thats what I love about blueys, they're like paper weights-- they don't do much but they're fun to look at:).

You can use one of those roach traps from the Herp Shop or a regular vacuum cleaner with a length of stocking over the entrance tube so that it sucks down the tube when switched on, forming a net to catch the crickets (well before they get sucked into the machine).

thanks Dan thats what i was looking for , so have you used this trap, funny ive goy heaps of native roaches around at the moment to, its a smorgasborg out there. i tried feeding the millipedes (black Argentinian) but they werent overly interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back