Black Headed Monitor Outdoors

Discussion in 'Australian Lizards and Monitors' started by sp.michael, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Murph_BTK

Murph_BTK Active Member

^^^ i believe so tho the previous owner was kinda unsure.. i just liked the look of her and the health of her so i bought her.. glad i did

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

2. Sheldoncooper

Sheldoncooper Active Member

Nice one.
    Probably my favorite tristis. Ive seen some incredible looking WA's

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Murph_BTK likes this.
  3. pythoninfinite

pythoninfinite Subscriber Subscriber

Just one point - make sure the monitor can't get its head through the welded mesh - if it can get its head through, it will be able to escape - they have an incredible ability to slim themselves down to squeeze through tiny gaps. As for eating other lizards, one story here already, but I had an adult tristis in an enclosure on my workbench at the Museum some years ago, went out for morning tea, came back to find the tristis had escaped its enclosure and climbed into a tank which had a newly acquired, exceptionally bright coloured gouldii hatchy, and only the tail was visible. To add insult to injury, the tristis regurged the goulds the next day :(!

Jamie

pinefamily likes this.
  4. Murph_BTK

Murph_BTK Active Member

Oh mate that sucks.. i have lost snakes in the past to cannibalism..

As for the mesh i have tried and tested and all is good they can get their heads out but thats it.. the shoulders are too big.. just make sure i keep the weight on over winter time.. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

pinefamily likes this.