Black Headed Monitor Outdoors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ i believe so tho the previous owner was kinda unsure.. i just liked the look of her and the health of her so i bought her.. glad i did [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

^^^ i believe so tho the previous owner was kinda unsure.. i just liked the look of her and the health of her so i bought her.. glad i did [emoji6]

Nice one.
Probably my favorite tristis. Ive seen some incredible looking WA's

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just one point - make sure the monitor can't get its head through the welded mesh - if it can get its head through, it will be able to escape - they have an incredible ability to slim themselves down to squeeze through tiny gaps. As for eating other lizards, one story here already, but I had an adult tristis in an enclosure on my workbench at the Museum some years ago, went out for morning tea, came back to find the tristis had escaped its enclosure and climbed into a tank which had a newly acquired, exceptionally bright coloured gouldii hatchy, and only the tail was visible. To add insult to injury, the tristis regurged the goulds the next day :(!

Jamie

Just one point - make sure the monitor can't get its head through the welded mesh - if it can get its head through, it will be able to escape - they have an incredible ability to slim themselves down to squeeze through tiny gaps. As for eating other lizards, one story here already, but I had an adult tristis in an enclosure on my workbench at the Museum some years ago, went out for morning tea, came back to find the tristis had escaped its enclosure and climbed into a tank which had a newly acquired, exceptionally bright coloured gouldii hatchy, and only the tail was visible. To add insult to injury, the tristis regurged the goulds the next day :(!

Jamie
Oh mate that sucks.. i have lost snakes in the past to cannibalism..

As for the mesh i have tried and tested and all is good they can get their heads out but thats it.. the shoulders are too big.. just make sure i keep the weight on over winter time.. [emoji6]
3a5aac1c192427c9ef9a4f21ffb368f8.jpg

Question... any one thinks its not a good idea to house shingle backs or blueys with my monitors, i would like some more movement in the enclosures.. but dont want them attacked or threatened and stressed out...

Question... any one thinks its not a good idea to house shingle backs or blueys with my monitors, i would like some more movement in the enclosures.. but dont want them attacked or threatened and stressed out...

One thing I've found out with tristis is if it fits in the gob and it moves, it will at some stage end up in there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers guys i figured as much.. guess its a full enclosure to themselves [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back