Black Palmed Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_in_the_Jungle

Reaction score
I am wanting to know if anyone breeds Black Palm monitors

and how much they cost,

and also some basic info on keeping them

:D

VAranus glebopalma, about as common as glauerti. They are fairly rare in captivity.

they where in captivity about ten - twelve years ago.

Who nows what happened to them.

nick

here is a pic of one i got of the internet

in case people did not know what i was going on about :D

they were never common.....

childreni are common

... i only know of one person with some but chances are there are more
nick

I remember there were a few for sale from Darwin a few years back (were on for around $1200 ? or there abouts) but I think there were no takers so they ended up at the Territory Wildlife Park in Darwin. Perhaps you could make some enquires there if your still interested??

I've heard they can be fairly flighty and require relatively large quarters with plenty of cover- similar to V. Tristis!

Hope this helps; I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Cheers,

Varanus.

thanks

but do you have any directions towards territory wildlife park

do they have a website

and i will let you know how i get on

very unlikely to find any available in captivity, even glauerti have become more common lol...put it in with the same basket as pilbarensis and keithhornei

I'm no expert, but I'd do a Google search for "Territory Wildlife Park"!

Someone there may be able to point you in the right direction? I believe Gavin Bedford (the fella with the Kim's in the latest Reptiles Aust. mag)) donated the animals to the Park!

I remember hearing from someone a while ago that Australia Zoo had some, don't know if they still do.

I have sold a fair few snakes to staff at aussie zoo and they app. have a fair few good herps behind the scenes.

nick

yeah but trying to get animals of steve would be like getting blood out of a stone lol

I think it highly unlikely any reptile park would part with their animals BUT, they may know of someone who has/had them!

Perhaps considering some Kimberley Rock Monitors ($2500 ea and available NOW) may be a suitable alternative if your dead keen on something different?

Cheers,

Varanus.

Be good to see a few more Kim's in captivity before the Toads finish them off!!

i really only like the black palmed monitor

but if i could breed them would anyone want to buy them

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back